Disk Skimmed

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Hi Del,
Its always encouraging to hear good reports on after market parts such as essexblokes wavey brake discs and as he said they are less expensive than OE. I was going to say your secret (re:- front wheel lift thinggy) is safe with me, but it looks like its to late for that!!!!!!!
cheers Chris.
delmeekc

Post by delmeekc »

I'm seeing him in the morning too to give him (no sell him) some cans, hope he don't hurt me. 8)

Del.
essexbloke

Post by essexbloke »

Bloody hooligan...... :wink:

Fitted those cans on Saturday.....You gave me a red herring.....the fixing brackets already on the cans must have been of the Blackbird......

Took me hours to realise they would fit with them on!!!!! :oops:

Only one prob now though.........got them on ok now, but the right side seems a little loose and wobbles a bit..... I thought perhaps some extra straps and a bracket between the two might work.....

Any ideas? (it's not a big problem, just annoying from behind),

Ps, Doh, indicators (despite being mini) were in the way.......had to "emergency" refit underneath the cans...until i can get some really dinky ones....

Cheers..........
delmeekc

Post by delmeekc »

Ian,

you must be deaf mate, well it twas abit early, I said the brackets on the cans are d blackbird ones and the two separate ones are for d storm. Bet you spent ages, dooh, should have called me mate. I shouldn't worry too much about the right can moving abit, most after market cans do that, it's just because it's a straight pipe and not like the left can where it connects at 90 degrees (under d swingarm) which stops it moving. On me full moriwaki system the left can flaps all over d shop, check out the WSB/BSB and see em flap about on theor bikes so don't worry. Is it moving because of the hanger or the joint onto the headers?

Del.
essexbloke

Post by essexbloke »

Doh....... :oops: (as you say, it was early)

It's the joint at the header m8...

new problem though, just been to the local bike shop in lunchtime, got me a set of those teeny weeny indicators that will fit in the original hole.

Got back to work, and doh, the new indicators only have one wire with one plug, not two, like the original wiring requires.........

I'm a numpty with wiring....what do i do? from memory, the original plugs are a) orange, and B) green.........the replacement indicator has 1 black wire.........HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

even more :oops: now.........
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

E bloke
Check your other post
Pete.l