Front Suspension Settings..........

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
RQ

Front Suspension Settings..........

Post by RQ »

Ok, now that I am going to enter the hazy world of suspension settings, I have a couple of questions.
1. If I use the PB settings on standard forks, what will the result be ?

2. How do I adjust the rebound on the rear ?

The settings on the front were 5 rings visible, and I'd say almost fully open on the rebound, now at 4 rings and one full rotation out from fully in on the rebound.

Any help would be appreciated !!

RQ.
Stormin Ben

Post by Stormin Ben »

1) Dont know about PB settings but they can't be worse than standard!!

2) Rear rebound is a little screw at the bottom of the shock on the right hand side (below the spring, above the linkage mounting bolt)

Hope this helps

Ben
SiJ

Post by SiJ »

If you've got the newer model storm with the updated forks PB settings make quite a difference as the preload on these was better.

On older models (97-01) i'd say the settings are better than Hondas suggested/standard and make the most of what there is to play with. I'd suggest using PB's settings and also dropping the forks through the yokes by 5mm or fitting a shock spacer. (See earlier threads)

Best option though is a revalve/respring by someone like Maxton or Roger or if you're on a budget new springs and oil from someone like hyperpro or ohlins (under £100)

Hope this helps
Si