tyre recommendations

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
shaun1978

tyre recommendations

Post by shaun1978 »

the time has come to change my tyres, just wondering what other people are running and how they wear
BarryH

Post by BarryH »

When I got my mitts on the storm it had Dunlop's fitted which were crap. I looked around at the various makes etc and decided on Metz Sportec's. They have more grip than I have bottle and perform in the wet as well as the dry. They wear fairly well with the rear lasting almost 4k miles if ridden with respect. Saying that I have had less than 3k mile out of a rear!

I suppose a lot depends on your riding style and the type of riding you do. Sportecs are more suited to twisty recreational riding as they would square off in no time at all on motorway runs and commuting
shaun1978

Post by shaun1978 »

well i usually ride at fairly high speed on all the windey roads , no commutng lol ........ gotta show them blade and gixxer riders up ya know lol
blindmaninchains

Post by blindmaninchains »

I've had 2 sets of tyres on my Storm - Avon Azaros and Bridgestone BT-021s. I can wholeheartedly recommend the Bridgestones, they are IMO superior to the Avons in grip, stability, turn-in and neutrality. I had a lot of fun with them today, up until the heavens opened anyway...

[/img]
There's nothing nice in my head, the adult world took it all away
bigrich

Post by bigrich »

I have some pirelli diablo corsaIII's on mine and they are awesome. Fantastic grip and have a harder compound through the middle for extra wearing and softer on bends for greater grip on corners. Dont know how long they will last but came 1st in superbike magazines recent tyre test. Jesus you would think i was on commision!

But they really do give so much confidence when riding.

Never had the bridgestones or metzlers so cant compare to them, but feel they are better than previous dunlops i have had.
Drac

Post by Drac »

Glad someone has allready asked this question.

I have Dunlop Sportsmax on the storm..and feeling from the front doesnt fill me with confidence, Small shower today and i could swear the front was sliding slightly.
Jason

Post by Jason »

Just put Michelin Pilot Sports on after some recommends, seem ok but only done a few miles :roll:
doggit

Post by doggit »

i have a set of pirelli diablos on and i have found them to be great tyres, i got a good deal from this place
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/RoundAndBlack/ ... -Page.html
carl
The most affective way to turn petrol into noise without the side affect of horse power
KarlosVTR

Post by KarlosVTR »

well if its medium sticky you want go for maxxis supermaxx

or if its super sticky - dunlop 208GPa

:D
stuav007

Post by stuav007 »

I have recently fitted a set of Maxxis Supermaxx, nice and cheap, but really really sticky i havent had them long enough to comment on the life of them yet, but dont have any signs of squaring off yet (some commuting on motorway)......i have even managed to touch down the foot peg (once), which i have never done before.....good purchase in my opinion for what its worth. :D
KarlosVTR

Post by KarlosVTR »

i loved my supermaxx when i had them

im getting another pair in a few miles - these dunlops have done 1000 ish miles and feel square already. done some bloody mental things with them tho...
stuav007

Post by stuav007 »

I scrubbed my set in really quickly, one quick run upto Glen Shee....and on the way back touch down....needless to say i havent done it again (yet).
But i still havent managed to get them right to the edge.....which is pissing me off....must be the profile of them (dont quote me on that)....but they are well sticky enough to leave my 2 mates for dead on several back roads (GSXR 750 and CBR 600), and am not the exactly Rossi.....LOL
But am detracting from the subject.....Great tyres so far.

:D :D
shaun1978

Post by shaun1978 »

well..... i went and got bt014's fitted , took em out this evening and scrubbed em in ...... the difference in grip is phenomenal.
I had contiroad attack on before and to be fair they were shafted, slid all over on good corners and i sorta started to lose confidence in the front end , but i think i got it back lol
Squiffythewombat

Post by Squiffythewombat »

shaun1978 wrote:well..... i went and got bt014's fitted , took em out this evening and scrubbed em in ...... the difference in grip is phenomenal.
I had contiroad attack on before and to be fair they were shafted, slid all over on good corners and i sorta started to lose confidence in the front end , but i think i got it back lol
Well to add my 2pence, ive tried all the tyres in this thread and would still rather have 014's every time! perfect in the dry and wet and u can run them on the wall without too much trouble!
Squiffy_The_Wombat

Eagles may soar but wombats dont get sucked into jet engines!!