ROBBERY (broad daylight)

General Biker Banter
sirch345
Site Admin

ROBBERY (broad daylight)

Post by sirch345 »

We are surely being ripped off again big time :evil:
Petrol now almost 90p a ltr which is £4.09 a gallon and is still supposed to rise even higher :!:
BP have just announced 6mths profit's of, wait for it -------------------------

£6 billion

See link below :!:

http://iccheshireonline.icnetwork.co.uk ... _page.html

Things like this really make me realise how much of an unbalanced world we live in :!:

Chris.
essexbloke

Post by essexbloke »

Specially when the rest of Europe pays about 1/3 what we do!!!! :cry:
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

What do you mean "almost 90p a ltr"? It's been that up here for a while now and it's dearer the further north you go :roll:
Rich.

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

cupasoop wrote:What do you mean "almost 90p a ltr"? It's been that up here for a while now and it's dearer the further north you go :roll:
To be exactly its 89.9p per litre :roll: but probably as I write it will have gone up again :!:

I thought it should be cheaper seeing there are oil wells up your way Rich :lol:
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

sirch345 wrote: I thought it should be cheaper seeing there are oil wells up your way Rich :lol:
Strangely enough you would think that, but it seems to work the other way around. It gets refined at Grangemouth (just north of Edinburgh) and then transported 500 miles south to you and at less cost ?? At least we dont live out on the islands, some of them have been over a quid a ltr for quite a while now.
Rich.

VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

We're up to about AUS$1.08 per litre for premium (high octane), rising to about $1.15 on weekends. I know New South Wales is another 10/20c, but still we've got it pretty good compared with the UK.

Another reason to move to Aus?? :wink: :roll:
If you ate yourself would you become twice as big or simply disappear?
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

VTRgirl wrote:We're up to about AUS$1.08 per litre for premium (high octane), rising to about $1.15 on weekends. I know New South Wales is another 10/20c, but still we've got it pretty good compared with the UK.

That's different, going up at the weekend :!:
Just converted your currency into GBPounds and yes you have got it pretty good as far as petrol prices goes :D , I don't know how wages compare, but obviously that would come into it, but:-

AUS$1.08 = 46.8p per ltr

AUS$1.15= 49.8p per ltr

GBP£0.90= $2.07per ltr

Chris.
RQ

Post by RQ »

We are paying €1.14 / Litre (77p) over here at the moment and still climbing.

Oh, and as for the US? Well. they are paying about 30p per litre......... and is it not coz of them arguing with the boys that own the oil that we are paying these mad prices???!!!!????

30p per litre?????????????????????????
RQ.
The Stig of 2 wheels as well as 4 !
JamesK

Post by JamesK »

The dearest garage on the Isle of Man is currently 99.9p for a litre of super unleaded. The cheapest place is 96.9p.

Diesel has been 99.9 at most garages for a few weeks.

We are led to belive that its the fuel duty that does the most harm and that petroleum companies only make a penny or two on each gallon. But with bi-annual profits of 6 billion, thats mental :evil:
bluesman

what?

Post by bluesman »

essexbloke wrote:Specially when the rest of Europe pays about 1/3 what we do!!!! :cry:
What are you talking about? In Belgium I am paying 1,337 Euro per liter of 95!
4 wheels moving body, 2 wheels moving soul
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

sirch345 wrote:That's different, going up at the weekend :!:
Just converted your currency into GBPounds and yes you have got it pretty good as far as petrol prices goes :D , I don't know how wages compare, but obviously that would come into it, but:-

AUS$1.08 = 46.8p per ltr

AUS$1.15= 49.8p per ltr

GBP£0.90= $2.07per ltr
Thanks for the conversions, Chris. I guess our time will come soon enough. The fuel prices over here literally change as often as the tides. You can't ride home, notice a price & think "oh good, I'll fuel up there in the morning". Always much higher starting around the middle of Friday & then through to at least Monday. I never pay any attention, but it probably even goes up a bit during peak hour!
If you ate yourself would you become twice as big or simply disappear?
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

My pleasure VTRgirl. Enjoy it while you can :D
I just can't get my head around your fluctuating prices, suppose its all to do with what you're use to :!:

Chris.
essexbloke

Post by essexbloke »

VTRgirl wrote:We're up to about AUS$1.08 per litre for premium (high octane), rising to about $1.15 on weekends. I know New South Wales is another 10/20c, but still we've got it pretty good compared with the UK.

S'funny that, my wifes been on at me for the last 12 months about looking into exactly that....
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

essexbloke wrote:

S'funny that, my wifes been on at me for the last 12 months about looking into exactly that....
Its quite difficult to get in there now unless you have a sponser I believe :!:

Chris.
Sharpe1

Post by Sharpe1 »

sirch345 wrote:My pleasure VTRgirl. Enjoy it while you can :D
I just can't get my head around your fluctuating prices, suppose its all to do with what you're use to :!:

Chris.
Believe me, we don't like it.The fuel companies give us some bullshit about how they give discounts to the stations and it's their fault biut we know it's because people go for a drive on the weekend and buy more fuel. Just another way of ripping us off!!
Larry.

'99 YELLOW
A man goes to the Zoo, but when he arrives there's only a dog.

It was a Shitzu!