waterproof gloves: recomendations

General Biker Banter
grumpyfrog

waterproof gloves: recomendations

Post by grumpyfrog »

After being caught out in some horrific stuff over the weekend, I now need to invest in some good Waterproof gloves.
I'm talking serious wet here, same gloves that kept my hands dry when we got wet in Yorkshire run were like sponges on Sat. got to the point that the latex gloves were put on also.

What do you recommend?
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
Wicky

Re: waterproof gloves: recomendations

Post by Wicky »

Dainese ergotour goretex gloves :thumbup:

Multi-season waterproof and breathable - best gloves I've ever had!

[youtube][/youtube]
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

As I was expecting poor weather for the Devon run, I chose to keep my existing gloves but find some over gloves.

I decided to go for these in the end. https://shop.touratech.co.uk/worn-over- ... 10213.html

I went for the XL as my glove size is a 9, they fit well over both pairs of gloves I have.

Not the best option, but my rules are that anything waterproof doesn't stay that way for ever, so I but water proof over items as they are cheaper to replace, and usually are more suited for the job.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

I had an old pair of A-Star 365 Gore-Tex gloves and they were great because the waterproof lining did not add much to the thickness and could still be used as sports gloves, they are not cheap but I got them 2nd hand and had 3yrs out of them
only reason I got rid was because the lining would pull out of one of the fingers when you took your hand out, so I bought another 2nd hand pair....... so I gave the old ones to Lloydie... not sure if they fitted his monster mits or if he passed them on again.

problem with the new ones is although they claim to be the same size, the thumb is not as long as the old pair and they start to hurt after 50 miles :x
AMcQ
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

A good summer glove for me has been the DryStar by Alpine star.
Mine are about six or seven years old now and have only just started to leak in my left thumb (indicator switchgear maybe)
They are a lightweight glove with limited protection but very soft, and comfortable.

Just noticed the later model has had some upgrades. Here's a link
http://www.motoblouz.co.uk/gloves-alpin ... Gwods74FPA

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

Pete.L wrote:A good summer glove for me has been the DryStar by Alpine star.
Mine are about six or seven years old now and have only just started to leak in my left thumb (indicator switchgear maybe)
They are a lightweight glove with limited protection but very soft, and comfortable.

Pete.l
same as my new textile gear, maybe I will invest a new pair of gloves, so I can match....do they make them in florescent yellow(regulars will understand)
Jonesey

Post by Jonesey »

I got a pair of Rukka Argosaurus in January, and
Although pricey have been worth it!!
Unus Dies Gingiber Mos Hereditas Orbis terrarum.
Pete.L

Post by Pete.L »

bazza696 wrote:

Pete.l
same as my new textile gear, maybe I will invest a new pair of gloves, so I can match....do they make them in florescent yellow(regulars will understand)
Actually Yes
http://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.sf/?Ob ... Gwodx4kJBA
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

AMCQ46 wrote:I had an old pair of A-Star 365 Gore-Tex gloves and they were great because the waterproof lining did not add much to the thickness and could still be used as sports gloves, they are not cheap but I got them 2nd hand and had 3yrs out of them
only reason I got rid was because the lining would pull out of one of the fingers when you took your hand out, so I bought another 2nd hand pair....... so I gave the old ones to Lloydie... not sure if they fitted his monster mits or if he passed them on again.

problem with the new ones is although they claim to be the same size, the thumb is not as long as the old pair and they start to hurt after 50 miles :x

I have a pair of the 365 and same thing happened with my lining, I got the Mrs to tack the end of the fingertip and all good now. Think I paid £135 for those, also have a pair of the alpinestar tech road, furry lining for cold weather and waterproof. Think I paid £145. With any waterproof glove make sure they are tucked into your jacket and not over the top or water runs down your sleeve into the cuff of the glove then your screwed.
If it aint broke, get your bloody hands off it!
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

Pete.L wrote:
bazza696 wrote:

Pete.l
Actually Yes
http://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.sf/?Ob ... Gwodx4kJBA
sold
TravisZack

Post by TravisZack »

I have Richa Arctic's http://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcy ... prod/69186

They're very warm and waterproof, the lining is a bit fleecy so if you take them off then get your hands wet they can be a faff to put back on, but not too bad. My only issue is my right thumb seems to ache after a while. I could do with the area between thumb and forefinger being a little larger, or stretchy. Otherwise a great fit. Visor wipe on the left forefinger too which is very handy.

I bought them because they looked like they would actually be of use in a crash, which a lot of winter gloves don't appear to be. They're pretty solid and have knuckle protectors and palm pads. Also got a RiDE best buy.
Demonic69

Post by Demonic69 »

I've never had a decent pair of waterproof gloves that have had leather used in their construction. I've tried cheap, I've tried expensive, I've treated the leather over and over with no joy. The leather always gets wet, gets heavy and gets cold. :sad2
My favourite WP gloves were made by Rev'It and were only about £40. I don't think they do them any more though, sadly. They were full textile, had reinfoced and WP knuckles, had a great cuff design that made getting them on and off and staying WP easy and kept my hands warm and dry for a couple of full-season riding.
They weren't great-dane proof though :(
Pete.L

Post by Pete.L »

Demonic69 wrote:They weren't great-dane proof though
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Not many things are :thumbup:
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

its finding gloves with six fingers im having problems with :wave:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Stevo Kifaru

Post by Stevo Kifaru »

http://www.bikersparadise.co.uk/Mens-Ha ... loves.html
I've had a pair of these for many years now & they've never given me any problems, very warm in winter too. I believe they were recommended by a bike magazine, which was great for me as I lived just down the road from the shop to try them on first. Obviously they may have changed the spec since I bought mine, but I've found that mine are totally waterproof & very warm without being bulky.