Dynojet needles, K&N filter

Moderator: VTRDark

Stephan

Dynojet needles, K&N filter

Post by Stephan »

If anyone has Dynojet kit or just needles, and/or K&N filter, and is willing to send it to Czech, please let me know the price.

Thanks,
Stepan
freeridenick

Re: Dynojet needles, K&N filter

Post by freeridenick »

I've got an unused Dynojet kit but I've not decided whether to use it or not.

I'm not far off fitting after market exhausts. I'll let you know if they're going spare after that.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

If you do use the kit don't go drilling the extra slide holes as it will run like crap with a standard engine. You will only end up having to fill them back up with some epoxy resin. :wink:
==============================Enter the Darkside
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

freeridenick wrote:I've got an unused Dynojet kit but I've not decided whether to use it or not.

I'm not far off fitting after market exhausts. I'll let you know if they're going spare after that.
Thanks, I will wait till end of month and if not I buy new.

As Carl said, dont drill third hole, and if you have US version with springs, dont use it as well. You need just needles, jets can stay keihin.
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

cybercarl wrote:If you do use the kit don't go drilling the extra slide holes as it will run like crap with a standard engine. You will only end up having to fill them back up with some epoxy resin. :wink:
I've got two sets of carbs, one I know has Dynojet needles and the shorter springs but I can remember how many holes. Oddly it's got 180 main at the back and 178 at the front. No idea how to tell the different makes of jet apart but I'm guessing stock rear is now on the front and a Dynojet 180 is on the rear.

Not stripped the one on the bike yet. That's planned for next week but I think I'll now strip the other one again too.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

They are Keihin jets by the sounds of it. Dynojets go in steps of 5 not 2 and 3 as in the 178. The 180 with be Keihin too to match it, so you will have some toying around to do there using Dyno needles with them. Are you sure it's not a factory pro kit. Check the number of slots in the needles as this will be the give away. See my carb thread for more info. You will find it in the Cyborg links.
==============================Enter the Darkside
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Stephan wrote:
freeridenick wrote:I've got an unused Dynojet kit but I've not decided whether to use it or not.

Thanks, I will wait till end of month and if not I buy new.

As Carl said, dont drill third hole, and if you have US version with springs, dont use it as well. You need just needles, jets can stay keihin.
Sorry Stephan I haven't had time to strip the carbs this week, I've been up to my eyes in knackered brake calipers and rebuilding mater cylinders. I might get a chance this weekend but it's not 100%.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

I've got a set of factory pro needles ?
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

thanks Lloydie, I have FPro needles too. Need to try Dynojet ones.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Ok [THUMBS UP SIGN]
ConTRo13R

Post by ConTRo13R »

Can i leech in on the FP needles if the OP is happy with this?