R1 mirrors

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
spanner boy

R1 mirrors

Post by spanner boy »

I need to replace a mirror on my 97 Storm. I currently use mirror extenders which I'm very happy with. However while looking for a good standard mirror I've come across a set off a 2010 R1 which look a little better. Has anyone tried them and do they push the mirrors out far enough for a decent rear view?
Kev L

Re: R1 mirrors

Post by Kev L »

I have 2002 R1 mirrors on mine and I prefer them. Not looked at the 2010 mirrors but if the stud spacing is the same as the standard ones why not give them a go.
:thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Mike TW9

Post by Mike TW9 »

I've got R1 mirrors, don't know what year but they're a big improvement on standard. Rubbers don't sit flat against the fairing as well as standard though.
spanner boy

Post by spanner boy »

Thanks for that I think it is probably worth a go.
spanner boy

Post by spanner boy »

Anyone know if R6 mirrors fit?
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

spanner boy wrote:Anyone know if R6 mirrors fit?
Apparently, 2005 R6 mirrors fit according to the Superhawk forum.
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

if you give me the whole centres and the length i can check my CBF they have great mirrors, probably cheaper too. however maybe not many about as they don't crash much as they are so slow :lol: apparently.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

bigtwinthing wrote:if you give me the whole centres and the length i can check my CBF they have great mirrors, probably cheaper too. however maybe not many about as they don't crash much as they are so slow :lol: apparently.
There should be plenty of mirrors Paul, the old blokes who ride them simply drift off, remembering the 'good old days', and end up on the deck! :thumbup:
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Kev L wrote:
bigtwinthing wrote:if you give me the whole centres and the length i can check my CBF they have great mirrors, probably cheaper too. however maybe not many about as they don't crash much as they are so slow :lol: apparently.
There should be plenty of mirrors Paul, the old blokes who ride them simply drift off, remembering the 'good old days', and end up on the deck! :thumbup:

Hurtful, i will empty my colostomy bag over your bike sonny!
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

His bike is already covers in blue sh1t
AMcQ
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

AMCQ46 wrote:His bike is already covers in blue sh1t
Ahh bless, you got a little excited there Al. Repeat after me "his bike is already COVERED in gorgeous blue paint.
D- McQueen see me after class :wave:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

So, you are slightly smater than Apple predictive spelling. You should be a teacher 8) :)
AMcQ
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

AMCQ46 wrote:So, you are slightly smater than Apple predictive spelling. You should be a teacher 8) :)
McQueen will you sit down, shut up and concentrate. Smater, smater. Try harder boy SMARTER! :Ball Kick:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Do you have pens in you top shirt pocket mr Kev sir :D
AMcQ
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

AMCQ46 wrote:Do you have pens in you top shirt pocket mr Kev sir :D
No I keep my chipolata in the normal place McQueen (I assumed pens was a mistake as well!) :lol: