Bike damaged over night

General Biker Banter
Mike TW9

Bike damaged over night

Post by Mike TW9 »

Damn!

Last night I left my bike parked outside my girlfriend's place for the first time (with disk lock & chain lock). This morning as I drove away I noticed I weird noise from the front end, so pulled over to check it out. I then spotted mud on my left wing mirror, minor but significant damage to my otherwise clean left fairing, a scratch on my (lovely red anodised :lol: ) clutch lever, a small but significant crack on the screen, and scuffing to a rivet and rubber mounting on the left exhaust. Clearly it had fallen over in the night and been lifted back. The noise turned out to be the fender extender Marty fitted for me which was half coming off but clipped back into position.

What happened? I don't know. It was windy, but I'd parked it carefully so would be surprised if that did it. There was a raised brick planter to the left, so it would have only gone about 60 degrees over, making it easier to lift back. Guess I should check if there's CCTV coverage.

I'm pissed off, cos I've really been trying to look after my bike!

Oh well, best get over it, not sure whether to bother replacing the screen yet, but I'll touch up the fairing & hopefully it won't look too bad.
MacV2

Re: Bike damaged over night

Post by MacV2 »

Damm & blast...Sorry to hear your bad news...I have some std levers in stock if you need them...Even if just to de tat it... :wink:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

sorry to hear about your bike mate, sometimes I hate London, people can be tossers, I would blame your girlfriend and hope for some sympathy nookie.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
sadly I can't help with replacing/repairing the red tat, but if there's anything else I can do, you know where I am mate....... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
carmanbikes

Post by carmanbikes »

Hi, Sorry to hear about your bike getting damaged, What Marty say's about blaming the girl friend sounds good, I have a std screen you can have foc if it would help, :thumbup:
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Who ever, or what ever happened at least it got picked up. Blame the girlfriend and go for the compensation. :thumbup:
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
darkember

Post by darkember »

That sucks M8.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

darkember wrote:That sucks M8.
+1
So glad the bird has a centre stand
Mike TW9

Post by Mike TW9 »

Thanks for the comments guys!

The more I think about it, the more I think maybe it was just the wind. Have touched up the scraped fairing a bit, but have noticed 2 cracks 2-3 inches long, one where it scraped on the cornery bit on LHS under/in front of the bars & the other from the headlamp running left. I'll probably just live with this damage, not too noticeable really.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Mike TW9 wrote:Thanks for the comments guys!

The more I think about it, the more I think maybe it was just the wind. Have touched up the scraped fairing a bit, but have noticed 2 cracks 2-3 inches long, one where it scraped on the cornery bit on LHS under/in front of the bars & the other from the headlamp running left. I'll probably just live with this damage, not too noticeable really.
Drill a very small hole right at the end of the crack, it will stop it spreading. Use the smallest drill you can 0.5mm if you have one.

If you havent got one I can bung one in the post for you...If you dont have a drill ride over & I'll drill it for you.

Mac
Mike TW9

Post by Mike TW9 »

Thanks Mac, that's what my (91 year old mechanical engineer) dad said! I've got a drill, so can do it myself, but may not get round to it...
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Mike TW9 wrote:Thanks Mac, that's what my (91 year old mechanical engineer) dad said! I've got a drill, so can do it myself, but may not get round to it...
Do it asap Mike, it will stop the crack getting any bigger...10 mins to get the drill out got to be worth it...
Sir-knob-head

Post by Sir-knob-head »

MacV2 wrote:
Mike TW9 wrote:Thanks Mac, that's what my (91 year old mechanical engineer) dad said! I've got a drill, so can do it myself, but may not get round to it...
Do it asap Mike, it will stop the crack getting any bigger...10 mins to get the drill out got to be worth it...

What he said ^^^^^. What a gutter! At least it's rideable
Idiots exist everywhere
Doesn't mean you have to argue with them

Live to ride. Ride to live
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

I remember going to Romford a few Christmases ago and a few of us went to a nightclub, everyone apart from me decided to chain their bikes together, when we came out all but mine were laying on the floor with various bits of damage on them, someone had knocked one bike over and of course sent the other two over as well. :sad2
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

sh1t news sir :( .. thank the good old british weather ffs :redface
the older i get,the faster i was :lol: