MY VTR TOTALLED as far as I can see

General Biker Banter
TheGingerBeardMan

MY VTR TOTALLED as far as I can see

Post by TheGingerBeardMan »

As you know, my bike lives on the street, under a cover.

Tonight, all the drunk arseholes have had a field day, and smashed me bike up. After tipping it over. About 1/2 an hour ago.

It fell against the Honda Wing. Which I'm now gonna have to move again (just after putting it back outside.....sheesh

Neighbour and me just spent ages trying to wedge the VTR out of the side of the wing.

VTR tank massive dent and paint wombles. Bike on the ground and was spun round on the side stand.

All I can see gone by torchlight: Clutch lever, brake lever, indicators (both sides) Tail unit, numberplate, mirrors, screen. And had a full tank of fuel in, which is all over the street now.

Gonna send a pic to MAC as I have his email

b8stard.
Last edited by TheGingerBeardMan on Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If it ain't broken...f*ck about with it until it is.

TAX: 1st March 2017
MOT: 16th March 2017
INS: 14th March 2017
NZSpokes

Re: MY VTR TOTALLED as far as I can see

Post by NZSpokes »

Oh thats shithouse.
Jazzscot

Post by Jazzscot »

Not good at all mate

Got a screen if you want it.

Let me know.

Jazz
Everything good is bad
Everything bad is good
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

gutted for you mate, I have spare levers if you want them mate..... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
thomas111

Post by thomas111 »

:evil: wombles fiddler see these are the type of scum that when caught should be tied up and set on fire while beating their skull in because the justice system sucks am sorry but when things like this happen you must deal with it yourself because if u let the police deal with it these flowers get a slap on the wrist your still left out of pocket sorry I don't have anything spare you can have as I just bought this storm no spares for it myself I could send up to u
TheGingerBeardMan

Back again.

Left hand can is hard up against the swingarm.

Right hand can bent. Looks like it's twisted/distorted the alloy hanger. Either that, the subframe is twisted.

Front fairing massive crack about 5 inches either side of the left indicator.

Fairing lower seems to have a crack, but the torch batteries have given up the ghost, so I'll wait till sun up.

Indicators stuffed.

Mirrors off the bike.

Clutch lever and bar end stuffed.

Seat ripped at front.

Dents in top of tank and where tank pad was (that's a MASSIVE dent)

Seat cowl damaged

Side stand bracket bent back on itself.

Numberplate.

Paintwork that's visible in torchlight fooked/scuffed and chipped (tank has big flakes missing where the dents are)

Had a full tank of fuel 2 days ago, and hadn't moved since. Now, there's about 1/4 tank on the road. (It took us ages to try and get the bike upright - not wanting to drag it and damage more than already there. The bike IS upright, and still leaking fuel. Dunno if the carb bowls stuck, or theres a crack in the tank.

Not arsed about it, and if the bike goes WHOOMPH! in a ball o flame, then fair enough. At the moment, I don't care.

It was also spun a bit, and stuck under the right side of the Wing. Add to that the bike was covered and chained - a bugger to get unlocked cos we had to lift to get at the lock. All this time, petrol is slowly pissing everywhere. Bit of a panic in case we drag the bike and the can on the ground sparks...or the bar ends.

You'd think it had been off on a track. I'm numb at the moment, and it won't hit me till daylight. Dunno what to do with it.

Break it? or put it back on the road with new bits, only for it to maybe happen again?

We have a pub directly across the road from us. Tonight was the towns bonfire night, and they're all going firkin mental dressed up with Halloween parties and chucking fireworks everywhere. We've never seen so many drunk folk like this for years.

Thanks for the offer of the screen, but believe it or not, it looks intact.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I bought a complete tool kit from MacV2, and was telling him how it will never get used.

I sent him photos of me bike. And it was bloody spotless and well kept. I take pride in me motors.

But this? Jesus.

Chaz (who was asking about tyre recommendations) wrote a follow up about having a sh1t time of it.

I can relate to Chazs hard time at the moment, and I can honestly say "I know what he's going through"

This incident tonight just adds to my sh1t list.

I had my dog PTS on March 17th this year (2014).
I didn't cope very well, the health slid downwards ands I had a small heart attack on April 16th 2014.
The heart attack was caused by them saying I was Type 1 diabetic.
Then, on May 2nd 2014, me Father passed away.

So, I haven't really got to everything sinking in yet as it all happened in the space of 8 weeks. (ok, it was months ago, but the heads still up my butt)

I've also been through testicular C....TWICE! - 1st nut removed in 2000, and then the other as a precaution in 2003.

In 1994 I was medically retired following a really bad "work related" incident, which the body is still rebelling from.

I just seem to be a sh1t magnet!
Last edited by TheGingerBeardMan on Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheGingerBeardMan

EDIT - the screen at first looked like it was cracked up the left hand side - but, it's a deep scratch from the other bike it hit. So - screen NOT broken, but badly scratched.

Tail unit doesn't look too hot and can "feel" raised jaggy paint - so must be cracked and sprung shut again.

Right - enough of boring the ass of y'all. I'm gonna take me boots off, make a coffee, and go to bed. Mentally drained now.

Many thanks for all the offers of parts - so soon, so quick.

I ain't been here 5 minutes on this forum, and all the love is coming out from you!

I feel humbled.

thomas111

Post by thomas111 »

Well I will be taking off my stock cans if you need them
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Shite news TGBM.

Get the cover off when the suns up, have a proper look around the bike, take some pics & make a list of what's needed.

I can sort you out a set of levers & also a tank if you need it, paints a bit rough thou perfectly serviceable apart from the fact it's Silver... :wink:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

That's a right sh1t one that hope you messed them up like they messed your bike up
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Complete and utter cnuts! What is wrong with people?

So sorry to hear this GBM :(

I'll try and help with spares if i can.

Jamie
Jamie :wave:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

That's just plain evil, why do people like that still exist?

At least your neighbour is there to help... Hope the ones you caught fell over a few times on the way to the cop shop
AMcQ
kev64

Post by kev64 »

That is sad to here, standard cans and levers down here if you want em
Watty

Post by Watty »

Absolute scum mate, :( sadly can't help out spares wise :thumbdown:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

Bloody hell GBM. that sucks.
i've original cans a selection of screens and rear indi's (someone might correct me but front and back are the same?).
I'm down Staffordshire this week but up yours the week after. if you want any of it just let me know and I'll bring it up, same goes if anything needs picked up off the M6.
as for the 2 that you got hold of, I'm assuming you know who they are? any chance of getting funds out of them?
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time