more newbie questions

General Bike chat
fabiostar

more newbie questions

Post by fabiostar »

yeh more info needed,, tank range? or lack of. in general riding, a bit of town work and a few motorway miles my fuel light is comming on at 110 miles? is that about par? also do the later models have a larger tank and can it be retro fitted to a 97 model?

and while im at it, who makes high pipe conversions. i like the quill cans i have but maybe be nice to have the choice of both.

:)
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
VTRDark

Re: more newbie questions

Post by VTRDark »

my fuel light is comming on at 110 miles? is that about par?
it could be par or it could be 1 under. park it up and you will have an eagle :roll:

Later models have a 19l Tank that can fit straight on but the petcock diaphragm setup is slightly different. You also need to swap the float out for the fuel level sender unless you have a later digital dash. That's once you manage to find a 19l because they are as rare.

As for the pipe conversion, anything is possible.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
simo

Post by simo »

Spot on for a 16 ltr tank I'd say.
Theres A Hare in The Turnips.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Good for a 16l tank :-)
mattycoops43

Post by mattycoops43 »

Better than mine! 90 miles, then 10 on reserve, then dead. 8O
Budget storm gradually on the road to spangliness.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

mattycoops43 wrote:Better than mine! 90 miles, then 10 on reserve, then dead. 8O

happy days. i thought the old girl was guzzling the stuff but it seems normal,, :D
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
darkember

Post by darkember »

Welcome to the guzzly pig bike. Probably has the largest carb mouths on the market :lol: :lol: :lol: Wouldn't sell mine as i love it to bits
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

These bikes are fuel junkies. :lol:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Fuel junkies!!! I Filled mine up 6 times yesterday :D
AMcQ
Penfold

Post by Penfold »

Yup, sounds about right.

I've just been to Cornwall and back and was getting about 90 miles from fill up to orange light of doom. That was with about 18 stone of me and luggage sat at around a ton-ish/5500-6000 rpm pretty much most of the way.

Word of warning, don't sail past the services when you've got to around 85 miles thinking that there'll be another one along shortly! Major panic ensues when that little b'stard orange light pops up and you see the sign that says next services 25 miles! :lol:

It's most embarrassing pottering along at 50mph with everything passing you that you caned past 10 minutes earlier! :lol:
Pops

Post by Pops »

Penfold wrote:Yup, sounds about right.

I've just been to Cornwall and back and was getting about 90 miles from fill up to orange light of doom. That was with about 18 stone of me and luggage sat at around a ton-ish/5500-6000 rpm pretty much most of the way.

Word of warning, don't sail past the services when you've got to around 85 miles thinking that there'll be another one along shortly! Major panic ensues when that little b'stard orange light pops up and you see the sign that says next services 25 miles! :lol:

It's most embarrassing pottering along at 50mph with everything passing you that you caned past 10 minutes earlier! :lol:

Haha, i did just that on the way back from Wales a couple weeks back. Missus was on the back and asking why i was going slow ' just being careful babe, don't want to cause an accident and get us hurt ' not the fact we'd be pushing it to the petrol station :silent: