Sons new bike

General Biker Banter
silver storm

Sons new bike

Post by silver storm »

My son got a new motorbike its a Honda CBR125R now I know its not a storm but he is still a learner it handles quite good you can just throw it round a bend or roundabout and it has a cracking big finned rectifier why couldn't they put that on the storm.
Stevie

Virt

Re: Sons new bike

Post by Virt »

Borrowed my friends one of these the other week. He's convinced that he's reached triple digits on it and he's quite a big lad. Nicked it from him for 20 minutes going round the industrial estate and dual carriageways around Rugby and I couldn't get it past 61... I'm like 5 stone lighter than he is... But they're not bad bikes for 125's, certainly felt more stable than most of that size
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

I think I would have loved one of these when I was 17 or 18 . :thumbup:

good number of bins :thumbup: :thumbup:
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

lumpyv wrote:I think I would have loved one of these when I was 17 or 18 . :thumbup:

good number of bins :thumbup: :thumbup:
me too :thumbup:
gissmo50

Post by gissmo50 »

I had the earlier model of these would do a out 80mph with a long enough road and my lanky frame tucked right in. Really taught you to keep up corner speed, I cat b mine thanks to some young idiot pulling out on me after he had stopped and looked.

Sent from my HTC One SV using Tapatalk 2
Virt

Post by Virt »

One thing I would recommend for it is a straight through can though, they sound pathetic :lol: still better than my mates 500 though so it isn't all bad :thumbup:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Trouble is a yzf will always be quicker, until you get a little engine work done....
And KTM's look like they'll get you a grilfriend :lol:
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

looks like a real bike, 125s are a lot better looking now that when I was a lad.............but they are dog slow and anyway we could ride a 250 on L plates.
AMcQ
Virt

Post by Virt »

tony.mon wrote:Trouble is a yzf will always be quicker, until you get a little engine work done....
And KTM's look like they'll get you a grilfriend :lol:
Know someone with a KTM.. it looks alright but I could outrun on a CG125 easily.. And they're really uncomfortable.
Reckon they should of just manned it up, god the old license and restricted a big bike :twisted:
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

This old un should out run the newer flashier Honda - CB125T2 (my first bike) 17bhp learner legal

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

we need a 125 race, old vs new :lol: .

here is my contender
AMcQ
Virt

Post by Virt »

Why not a Cagiva Mito? Sure the reliability is shocking but remove the restrictor and it's a 30bhp 125.. God bless 2 strokes :lol:

AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Virt wrote:Why not a Cagiva Mito?
that would be cheeting as I dont own a Mito, but I do own the little Kwack.

but if we are going all out for a race, I might be able to get my hands on a Honda RS125 GP bike [might need some help to get folded up to fit on it though!]
AMcQ
Virt

Post by Virt »

AMCQ46 wrote:
Virt wrote:Why not a Cagiva Mito?
that would be cheeting as I dont own a Mito, but I do own the little Kwack.

but if we are going all out for a race, I might be able to get my hands on a Honda RS125 GP bike [might need some help to get folded up to fit on it though!]
I'll race it. Couple of people down the pit stop have them, still reckon they can beat me round the industrial estate on them hairdryers though :/ t'is frustrating as I've proved them wrong already...

Nah, if it's a race everything is important. Especially weight and fitness, I'm a skinny bugger I'll ride the RS125 GP :wink: Plus I'm slightly shorter and don't need folding into 3 pieces like a towel :twisted: :lol:
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

The new 125 looks quite nice. Sarah had the older CBR 125 and it looked really narrow. It was a nice bike though, very light and you could throw it around in corners so easily.

Not very fast though. Hers would get to 80 on the motorway but it would feel very vibey.

Nothing like the NSR 125 I used to have when I was 17. That was 2 stroke so was different, but it would go over 90 quite easily if you revved the tits off it.