Signed for delivery

General Biker Banter
Miztaziggy

Signed for delivery

Post by Miztaziggy »

If you order something online and it gets delivered and dropped off in your green recycling bin for example, without signature, what is to stop you, other than morals, claiming it was never received and getting a second one for free?
agentpineapple

Re: Signed for delivery

Post by agentpineapple »

nothing, if they say it was left in the bin, you can say the bin was emptied bye bye part, but could you really live with yourself, you'd be racked with guilt, think of all the hail mary's you'll have say, then theres the explaining up at the pearly gates..... :lol:
if the item was from a big company and their service had been poor, oh and the item is worth big money, i suppose someone could be tempted to pull that move, the companies insurance would cover the loss.
its ll about the morals.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
callam_nffc

Post by callam_nffc »

ages back I had a copy of call of duty ordered for the day it came out from amazon, they sent it on time but it went to my neighbours house

emailed them and they sent another the next day, an hour later the neighbor came to drop it round as the postie obviously read the address wrong

safe to say I soon sold the second copy :)
CBR125 - XJ600S DIVERSION - YZF600R THUNDERCAT - VTR1000 FIRESTORM
I still crave a supermoto...
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

bigspanishmarty wrote:nothing, if they say it was left in the bin, you can say the bin was emptied bye bye part, but could you really live with yourself, you'd be racked with guilt, think of all the hail mary's you'll have say, then theres the explaining up at the pearly gates..... :lol:
if the item was from a big company and their service had been poor, oh and the item is worth big money, i suppose someone could be tempted to pull that move, the companies insurance would cover the loss.
its ll about the morals.
No, personally I couldn't do it, as much as I would like a second one. I have never stolen anything in my life and don't intend to start now. Just made me wonder because if they dropped it in my bin like that, they must do it quite often and they must get loads of claims....

It was my new Drift Ghost btw. Worth £300. That's what makes it so tempting, because I could either have 2 of them or sell the second on ebay.

As for the service, I ordered it yesterday afternoon about 4pm on a free 2-4 day delivery. It arrived today at 12:59pm. I think that's bloody good service from ActionCameras.
seb421

Post by seb421 »

Done it once with a pair of slippers from Russia, i waited the required time, they did not turn up i kicked off got my money back when i said i would leave neg feedback

Got my refund and the next day they turned up, felt a bit bad but not my fault

20 quid slippers for free, and best slippers i've ever had, like having your foot up a big rabbits butt
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Got my refund and the next day they turned up, felt a bit bad but not my fault
I've done that before with Hong Kong stuff where they have just sent another item out so I ended up with two.

I'm really surprised that camera was not sent recorded delivery. It may have been a courier firm where they are supposed to get a signature, you wasn't in, so they have scribbled on the machine themselves and just left the package. Maybe you should let the camera company know this and then you never know, they may send you a free gift for being so honest and informing them.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
callam_nffc

Post by callam_nffc »

hahaha like having your foot up a rabbits butt

its not exactly stealing though is it, not as though your permanently depriving someone of it either
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

my postie is a bit crazy and he will sign for any of my recorded parcels so I dont have to go and collect them from the depot......its great for me, but its a hell of a risk for him if something goes missing.

I have bought him a pint to compensate :thumbup:
AMcQ
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

To be totally honest if it was from a big company like Amazon or something I wouldn't think twice about it if I knew my tracks where covered, as I'm not exactly well off. And besides they make enough money and I would just look at it as them paying their tax. :lol: Small family run bushinesses or private sellers is a totally different thing and I wouldn't do it to them as they are mostly in the same boat as me struggling to get by in life.

Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

cybercarl wrote:To be totally honest if it was from a big company like Amazon or something I wouldn't think twice about it if I knew my tracks where covered, as I'm not exactly well off. And besides they make enough money and I would just look at it as them paying their tax. :lol: Small family run bushinesses or private sellers is a totally different thing and I wouldn't do it to them as they are mostly in the same boat as me struggling to get by in life.

Well the delivery company was City Link. He might have signed it himself, but he has posted a note saying left in green bin which I have as proof. It wasn't my usual Royal Mail postman - if it was then it would be risky claiming because he visits my house every day and could easily do me over.

I guess if I did claim it would come from City Link and not ActionCameras.

To be fair though, there are builders working on a house in the cul-de-sac, they could have easily seen the guy deliver the package into my bin then just go fish it out themselves, in which case I really would be at a loss. It does seem odd that they don't get a signature on £350 worth of kit.
dragonback

Post by dragonback »

I only have one question !
wot are morals ????????? :biggrin
DOES THIS RAG SMELL LIKE CHLOROFORM TO YOU ?
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

dragonback wrote:I only have one question !
wot are morals ????????? :biggrin
I do sometimes wonder...
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

City link would require a signature for sure. The problem is with these electronic devices they carry, one can't even sign them with their usual proper signature and it always ends up being a scribble, so it's easy for the courier to put a little scribble on there to say it's been delivered. It's also easier for them to drop something off rather than take it back for re-delivery and it allows them to finish their rounds quicker.

MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

What delivery ?

City Link was owned by Rentokil, just last week they sold it off for a £ as it was losing so much money... Says it all really.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
callam_nffc

Post by callam_nffc »

ill swap you my last three morals for the second camera if you claim? lol