Black storm Needs some lovin

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
gissmo50

Black storm Needs some lovin

Post by gissmo50 »

This is my storm 30,000 miles on a w plate shes abit rough round the edges and need a respray but shes mine

simo

Re: Black storm Needs some lovin

Post by simo »

Looks good for 30.000. I like the seat,do you think it's a bit lower than the standard?
Theres A Hare in The Turnips.
Tail

Post by Tail »

Bet its nice and quiet with tem pipes on, looks like your baffles have accidently fell out :D
Catch me if you can
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

snap Gissmo - got a 30ker on a W rough around the edges. Thinking of tarting up with black forks etc so thanks, can see what it looks like. :thumbup:
gissmo50

Post by gissmo50 »

the baffles had fallen out b4 i got her, shes has a few nice parts to her hyper-pro rear spring and fronts, stage one dyno-jet, two long stacks, d/b screen, 5mm rear spacer. the seat is really nice well made and gel pads front and rear its an odd thing tho simo it looks lower but feels a little higher which suits me as im 6,2 but the company i got it from can lower or raise the seat as wanted.

the photos look better than she is got a bad case of stone chip up the front of her and the belly pan had a piss poor spray job so did the forks so shes probably gonna get a fresh coat of gloss black (wouldn't want to make her a slower yellow one)

its gonna be a slow process to do it all and get her how i want but she will be back to her former self once done
pinkyfloyd

Post by pinkyfloyd »

Its a lot cleaner than mine. Seat looks comfy in a non pile sort of way.

Mine has gone past the need for respray now. It sits outside in the weather and the laquer has started to peel off the rear end. Going to save my pennies and get a respray when I can afford it. Or attempt it myself (which could be interesting). Thinking matt black with white stickers.
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
History:....CZ125....RXS100.....Lifan LF125-14F.....Suzuki GSXR750
Current:...1999 VTR FIRESTORM!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Surely it should be pinky?
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
pinkyfloyd

Post by pinkyfloyd »

Kev L wrote:Surely it should be pinky?
Had i Had more money than sense it would go along the Floyd theme somehow. Possibly black with the Dark Side prisim over the tank or fairings. But I'd settle for matt black. I saw one once and it looked the part.
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
History:....CZ125....RXS100.....Lifan LF125-14F.....Suzuki GSXR750
Current:...1999 VTR FIRESTORM!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

rather than matt black, i'd go for satin black, imho it looks loads better, i resprayed my rear fairing,undertray and petrol tank in matt black just temporarily beacuse i was waiting for my new fairings, and i have to say it looked good with a dark tint led rear light, i likee the whole black and moody/stealth look and that includes frame,fairings everything tbh........ :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

i don't know why i like it but i do :crazy: :beer:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I like that seat, can you get a cowl over that? Also what rear indicators are they? Are they fairing indicators, the ones that stick out at a sloping angle. I'm going to be doing that to mine shortly as my cans get in the way either side of the number plate.
Thinking matt black with white stickers.
Matte black looks cool, a bit like a rat bike. I'm not sure about white stripes, but how about white wheels to contrast the Black. :thumbup:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
seb421

Post by seb421 »

cybercarl wrote:I like that seat, can you get a cowl over that? Also what rear indicators are they? Are they fairing indicators, the ones that stick out at a sloping angle. I'm going to be doing that to mine shortly as my cans get in the way either side of the number plate.
Thinking matt black with white stickers.
Matte black looks cool, a bit like a rat bike. I'm not sure about white stripes, but how about white wheels to contrast the Black. :thumbup:

(:-})
Matt Black allways reminds me of Hill Billy Rednecks

ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
gissmo50

Post by gissmo50 »

you can get the cowl over the seat but it does cut into the red pipe a little so i leave mine off as i have the missus on the back. the indicators i have no idea they where on there when i got her and ive left them as when i go to high level exhausts the shouldn't be hidden
simo

Post by simo »

Tell us all then,Where do we get the seat's ? :biggrin
Theres A Hare in The Turnips.
gissmo50

Post by gissmo50 »

http://www.topsellerie.co.uk/HONDA-VTR- ... _5_97.html

its a french company and they are hand made to your order can have front, rear or both with gel inserts and even an opting for having heated seats front, rear or both not cheap but the quality is great and it uses the standard seat base so its a case of they lend you one and you send a standard one back or you buy send them your seat they do the work and they send it back to you. it cost me roughly £30 to post my seat base back to them and was around £300 for the seat with front and rear gel inserts..