About to acquire my second Storm

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
StormingHonda

About to acquire my second Storm

Post by StormingHonda »

I have been here a a couple of years back, but sold on my Firestorm, 99% getting another on Friday. :beer:

Been riding bikes for 20 years, first bike was a Yamaha YB100, currently own a Harley Davidson XL1200 C Sportster and a Triumph Speed four, which is what I am chopping in for the Firestorm, my missus wasnt happy when the last Firestorm got sold.

Have owned a lot fo bikes from Customs to road bikes, Factory fighters and sports bikes.
agentpineapple

Re: About to acquire my second Storm

Post by agentpineapple »

welcome back to the club, you didn't have to leave because you sold your storm tho, post some pics of your new bike once you've bought it.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

welcome back, its all the same questions as before, just different people
AMcQ
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

I work shift work, and to be honest I hang around the Harley owners club forum a lot as my 1996 Sportster likes to break down :D .

This is why I have two bikes, I love the Harley but it just isnt reliable enough and always breaks at the most inconveniant time, its a love hate relationship :lol:

Looking forward to getting another firestorm, my wife wasnt happy about the last one going, as she likes them.

The new ones in the same colour as well.
chris vtr virgin

Post by chris vtr virgin »

Welcome back mate.Hope its as good as the first time round.
:wave: :wave:
Some twins have all the fun !!!!
karenvtr

Post by karenvtr »

Hi and welcome :)
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

"I only bought it to keep you happy, love....."

Good try!
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome back StormingHonda :thumbup:

Chris.
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

Well, Friday the guy came with the Firestorm, It was really sad to see the Triumph speed four go, but sorry John blore i'm not being take for a C with servicing costs, whoever buys that Triumph will get a well loved and looked after bike tho.

The biggest reason for parting with the Triumph is the height, boy do Triumph make em tall, and being 5' 3" its hard work getting you feet on the floor, luckily the Firestorm is narrow so its a lot better, I could of got the service down to £400 for the Triumph but I would have had to go well out of my way, to get to the indy.

But I am now an owner of a teal blue VTR1000 Firestorm, will get the CCTS sorted, sooner rather than later :eek2

Insured the bike waiting for the insurance certs to come back so I can insure it and then its fun time.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

we hope to see you at the essex workshop day matey, 7th of april meet at 8.30 little chief brentwood, the onto wicky's in colchester for some tinkering and a rideout... :thumbup:
all shades of blue are welcome, yellow and red bikes are to be discouraged from attending :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

bigspanishmarty wrote:we hope to see you at the essex workshop day matey, 7th of april meet at 8.30 little chief brentwood, the onto wicky's in colchester for some tinkering and a rideout... :thumbup:
all shades of blue are welcome, yellow and red bikes are to be discouraged from attending :lol:

Services at Junction 28 / A12 Brook Street Roundabout. Which may or may not be a Little Chef, they have closed down a lot of sites in the last year or so, maybe one of the Romford Lads can let us know, it's been a while since I was last over that way I cant even remember what flavour the Petrol is? :lol:

Update.........

It's a Total S/S & the Little Chef is now a noodle bar called mizu according to Google street level, but there is a nice big car park Marty.
Last edited by MacV2 on Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

bigspanishmarty wrote:we hope to see you at the essex workshop day matey, 7th of april meet at 8.30 little chief brentwood, the onto wicky's in colchester for some tinkering and a rideout... :thumbup:
That'll be the Indian Takeaway just down the road then will it? :lol: :lol:

Oh & if Red bikes are discouraged from attending will it mean Wicky wont be there?
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Furrybiker

Post by Furrybiker »

TEAL get in there!!!

Welcome back, to the elite side of 'storming :beer:
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

That and yellow are my favourite Storm colours. :lol: