Harris Rearsets - Remus - Polishing.

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
MikeyT

Harris Rearsets - Remus - Polishing.

Post by MikeyT »

Anyone else on the list has or had a set of Remus highlevels fitted in conjunction with Harris rearsets?
I have just fitted one Remus on the left side and found that the harris carbon heal-plate is in the way and the lower mounting lug is a very tight fit.
I have the pegs set quite near to the original position, as I fitted them more for the looks than any radical riding position. I realise I can remove the heal-plates, but I would like to keep them on.
Also with my foot resting normally on the pegs, my boot heal rests on the exhaust heat guard plate, but this still gets warm, so I forsee melting boot heal.
Comments please

Also - anyone recommend a very good polish - The Harris rearsets are polished and look a little tarnish as does my swing arm that was polished for me.

Cheers
Mick
W@zzA

Harris/Remus

Post by W@zzA »

Had the same on mine :!: Solution: flogged the remus cans and put the Johnsons back on (they sound better anyway)

Warren
If it aint got the throb it don't do the job! PB.
MDJ

Polish

Post by MDJ »

Well, I have polished Wheels, swingarm, and bits. I use Autosol for high gloss mirror finish and then Crystal Glow to protect the finish and make it easier to clean next time.