Beaulieu Ride In Day 26TH June

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

pinkyfloyd

Beaulieu Ride In Day 26TH June

Post by pinkyfloyd »

As per topic subject really. Beaulieu motor museum are having a Motorbike day. £5 per bike or pillion and it includes entry to the museum and grounds. Normally its around £16 to get in so should be worth it. Bikers, stalls and motor history.

I'll be heading down from Portsmouth so happy to meet anyone enroute as the saying goes.

More info can be found on their website here

http://www.beaulieu.co.uk/beaulieu-even ... ide-in-day
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
History:....CZ125....RXS100.....Lifan LF125-14F.....Suzuki GSXR750
Current:...1999 VTR FIRESTORM!
geodude

Re: Beaulieu Ride In Day 26TH June

Post by geodude »

You not coming to the Swanwick meet then? (25th 26th 27th)
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
“He who rides fastest, rides alone!"
YouTube Website Facebook Bike accessories
pinkyfloyd

Post by pinkyfloyd »

Wont be able to Geo, Only able to get the Sunday off and family commitments etc. :cry:
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
Fazermike

Post by Fazermike »

I would deffo be going but I get back from holiday that day! :(

I used to love going to Motorcycle world at Beaulieu until they cancelled it! :Argue 1:

There is the Southampton Motorcycle show on the 10th July that I might go to :)
"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity; when many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion."
Twinpotter

Post by Twinpotter »

Count me in Pinky, see you there.
Only got Sunday free myself too so couldn't do the Swanwick meet.
Starts with a R. Rrrrrrrr. Motorbike!
pinkyfloyd

Post by pinkyfloyd »

I'll be leaving from Portsmouth services at Farlington, just off the A27 at around 9am with another storm from here and a few other friends (type into google maps "portsmouth Hilton" and theres a petrol station just before it). Feel free to join me failing that I'll PM you my number and you can text or something when your down.

Pinky.
Twinpotter

Post by Twinpotter »

Bump. Last shout for the ride out down to Beaulieu Sunday for those not managing a soaking in a field in Derbyshire :D .
Looks like a roaster of a day tomorrow and the event itself looks grand!
Any of the North London/Home counties Stormers up for it?
Wheels up Bedfordshire 08:00 (two riders), meet up with four more in North London 09:00 (e.g. at the Ace Cafe on the NCR) and a blast down ETA 10:30/11 and hook up with Pinky.
pinkyfloyd

Post by pinkyfloyd »

I got a phonecall today from one of our members, I wont say which one to prevent adding to the ribbing he'll get tomorrow but he was a day early. :lol:
pinkyfloyd

Post by pinkyfloyd »

Great day out today. Got burnt to a crisp and par boiled in the leathers.

A few pics of the day just to show off.

AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Look at that blue sky, we never saw that yesterday up Matlock way!

Looks like you had a good day out, oh, and you do have to name the man who can't read a calendar :)
AMcQ
pinkyfloyd

Post by pinkyfloyd »

Not a regular poster but a VTR rider and member. Rebel. :lol: He arrived this morning at the meeting place and I just looked at my watch and asked what time he calls this? :lol:

Day out was fantastic though and looking forward to my next run now. Brighton.
geodude

Post by geodude »

Gutted I couldn't go but had a great day in the sun with the family
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
“He who rides fastest, rides alone!"
YouTube Website Facebook Bike accessories
Twinpotter

Post by Twinpotter »

pinkyfloyd wrote:Great day out today. Got burnt to a crisp and par boiled in the leathers.
I took a change of clothes but felt no better for seeing that mate! I got a bit lobstered myself. :lol: Sorry to have missed seeing you before splitting but good to meet up and have a blether nonetheless. Next time for sure. :thumbup:

It was a cracking day out. Our party consisted of five machines (Storm/Varadero/R6/CBR6CB400) with the smallest bike ridden by easily the fastest guy, 600 supersporter Nicky 'Dangerous' Graham taking point from Neasden to Southampton. The ride down the A31 was just brilliant. He thrashed the back side off this wee thing and managed to boil his coolant down to almost empty! Bleedin quick in the bends and lethal in filtering, turn in and kick off down through Richmond/Kingston, it took all our wits and wisdom to keep up.

I don't think we've had such a hot pure blue sky in ages and was it just great to have trees to sit under eh? Even the mystery meat burgers weren't so bad either and thank goodness the licenced bar next door. That motor museum was really cool too - my favourite the old workshop complete with furnace. I'm not too sure about the winner of the bike of the day though, I think he won it only because he had by far the biggest fatest rear tyre there. Of note, it was great that the organisers gave out free stand pads for parking on the gravel/grass. It was a fine day.

Managing to no end up under a coo on the way out (they and the horses don't give a damn and will just wander out right in front of you for a munch on the other side, butt sticking out), we hit monster traffic on the way back up. News that the M3 Jcn 6/7 was closed took us back up the A31 for another blast. Shame however that we heard the incident up the M3 was reported to be a biker ending up under a coach and having to be airlifted out. :thumbdown:

But a great day out it was and thanks Pinky for the heads up. See you next time! :thumbup:

PS Cheers for the shortie Levers Martin (big spanish marty)
pinkyfloyd

Post by pinkyfloyd »

I agree with the bike that won the best in show. We kind of knew it would the moment we saw it. It was strategically parked by itself on one side of a tree, in the shade so you could see the matt black coating and all the work. Fair play to the bloke because he'd obviously spent a lot of money on the thing. Wasnt too my taste but was impressive to look at.

The accident on the way back was sad. I found out about it when I got home. 2 of the other guys with me were caught up in it on the way home. Stuck for 2 hours or so in the blistering heat. Bugger that!

Just for the lads. The best in show bike:

And that rear tyre!

Road Runner

Post by Road Runner »

I wasn't early, that was a dry run. :oops:
Really good day out, the weather was great, which was lucky because the zip broke on my jacket and I rode home with it flapping like a cape.