VTR Bobber

General Bike chat
Kev L

VTR Bobber

Post by Kev L »

What do you reckon to this one? Another example of a hell of a lot of work whilst reducing the market appeal of the finished item. Admire the work involved but not keen on the end result myself.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/vtr1000-bobber-ch ... 27bac66c26

:roll:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Tat_Man

Re: VTR Bobber

Post by Tat_Man »

Yeah, i saw that whilst doing one of my many ebay searches...

...its bloody awful :thumbdown:
pinkyfloyd

Post by pinkyfloyd »

Tat_Man wrote:Yeah, i saw that whilst doing one of my many ebay searches...

...its bloody awful :thumbdown:
What he said!
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
History:....CZ125....RXS100.....Lifan LF125-14F.....Suzuki GSXR750
Current:...1999 VTR FIRESTORM!
jimbob

Post by jimbob »

looks stupid.. like the idea of using the honda lump in a special... could be a bit of a challenge to get it looking good.. but to use a load of the vtrs standard parts..silly ..n that exhaust... :wtf:
kevg

Post by kevg »

that appeals to my sense of humour at the moment, do you not think if you gave it a handful you'd fly right off the back though, nothing to stop you behind your butt.
must be watching to mush Sons of Anarchy in the past few weeks. DOH.
can appreciate the work put into it, same with all choppers etc, might not be totally my cup of tea but i'm an mechy fitter at heart and appreciate the work.
cheerz

kev
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

Tat_Man wrote: ...its bloody awful :thumbdown:
indeed :sick:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
cliveyandrews

VTR Bobber

Post by cliveyandrews »

It's refreshing to see something other than a 'tater engine that's for sure. It needs finishing - those exhausts are wrong and the bars just look bodged together. Never been a chopped fan myself, I do fancy building some sort of special one day - I had plans to put a Suzi GT triple into a pocket rocket (FZR 400) frame, and I fancy making a Café Racer - from an XS750 donor. I just need 3 things...

A garage
Money
Mechanical ability....

:-)

Sent from Cliveys iPhone using Tapatalk
=====================================================

Audi, Vide, Tace
aurantiacus tempestas es ocius

=====================================================
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

cliveyandrews wrote: I fancy making a Café Racer - from an XS750 donor.
once my kwak is transformed into a track monster shortly, my next project is making a cafe racer from my cbx750 which is just gathering dust atm but is a beltin runner.
im ok at the mechanical stuff but i really havent got an eye for design and style lol so will be more or less copying the norton lookalike seen here somewhere as i like it a lot :biggrin
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.