my vtr

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
t11

my vtr

Post by t11 »

Hi all here is a few pics of my re=built vrt.......got this from a guy in lincoln and was in a wright old state, so after the ride back home to Deal had a good look at it and thought I can't ride around on this so it got pulled apart, all panels re-sprayed in the correct paint with outhe part of wheels polished, forks re-built with ohlins springs, sp1 calipers with cbr 600rr master cylinder(now stops better than my son's R1) larger rear sprocket scott oiler goodridge hoses back and front and clutch line too, paddock stand bobbins, also rose jointed and stainless rod on the gear linkage, on the engine manuel cct's new oil and filter dyna jet kit piper cross air filter ported head and bt016 tyres very pleased with the ride but will do something with the rear shock soon but not going the usual route, will let you know whats fitted soon..... :D
Last edited by t11 on Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
lloydie

Re: my vtr

Post by lloydie »

pinkyfloyd

Post by pinkyfloyd »

And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
History:....CZ125....RXS100.....Lifan LF125-14F.....Suzuki GSXR750
Current:...1999 VTR FIRESTORM!
Snoogle

Post by Snoogle »

Where abouts in Lincoln did you find that? I've never seen it about before and I used to be out on mine all the time before I stripped it.

Sounds like you've done real well with the mods already too :thumbup:

PS. If you ever wanna trade exhausts let me know, I fancy some hi level carbon cans for my streetfighter project. I've got some standard height art cans on mine 8) Same goes for anybody else who is reading this lol :mrgreen:
A head full of fears has no room for dreams
stevevtr

Post by stevevtr »

looks nice and the best coulour not sure about the back indicators though i would have to something about them,i would keep loosing them while filtering :D :p :lol:
Snoogle

Post by Snoogle »

stevevtr wrote:looks nice and the best coulour not sure about the back indicators though i would have to something about them,i would keep loosing them while filtering :D :p :lol:
Even more reason to do a swapsie with me lol :thumbup:
simo

Post by simo »

Nice bike. Did you weld them there brackets on the swinging arm for the bobbins?
Theres A Hare in The Turnips.
t11

Post by t11 »

Hi yes the bobbins are welded on, as I replaced the swinging arm I thought it was a good time to do it, and I,ve already done something with the indicators it seems to be a problem with the high levels fitted, the person I got it from worked at the Renault dealers in lincoln, he was a real ass and refused to pass on the mot ticket until I got some help from the old bill, they told him they would charge him with withholding a legal document, next day it was on my door step delivered by hand lol............. :lol:
slipper 1

Post by slipper 1 »

Bike looke good! What year of brake master cylinder did you use? Was it an easy exchange?

Thanks !
t11

Post by t11 »

HI, the master cylinder is from a 2005 bike and was a straight swap and has made a world of differance.....
Snoogle

Post by Snoogle »

t11 wrote:the person I got it from worked at the Renault dealers in lincoln, he was a real ass and refused to pass on the mot ticket until I got some help from the old bill, they told him they would charge him with withholding a legal document, next day it was on my door step delivered by hand lol............. :lol:
I live not far from that dealership, I actually drive past it everyday on the way to work.....never saw your bike though, he must have been one of them that was scared of gettin it wet?? The guy sounds like a bit of a Richard as far as the MOT cert goes too!

Well done on the mods tho, seems like your enjoying it! :thumbup: