AIR FILTERS

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
buckholm

AIR FILTERS

Post by buckholm »

I am looking to replace my air filter and was wondering if it is worth changing to an after market filter or to replace it with another standard one. The rest of the bike is standard apart from Scorpion race cans,I had the plugs out recently and they look ok, If I put on a Pipercross filter would I have to fit a Dynojet kit or alter the fuelling????????
ex-viffer

Post by ex-viffer »

If you converted it to a Unifilter, you wouldn't need to rejet. Other brands, I dunno.

If you are interested in converting it to a Uni, check through previous postings for details (and pics) of how I did mine. It was very easy, and cost only $NZ35 (about 10 quid). I now have a filter that should be good for the life of the bike, and is easy to maintain. Seems to work alright too. :wink:
- Ian in EnZed
(Red 97 FireStorm with Dynojet kit, APE camchain tensioners, bafflectomy+ploogs, UniFilter, GenMar risers, Avon Azaros, 90/130W headlight, digital clock/voltmeter), Braided s/steel lines.