Brighton Burn Up - Sun 12th

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

Twinpotter

Brighton Burn Up - Sun 12th

Post by Twinpotter »

Who fancies a ride out with a thousand (at least) fellow bikers tomorrow?
Weather looks fine for it.
Tea/Coffee/Bun at 09:30/10:00 (parking opposite the Cafe) and wheels up at 10:30.

http://www.ace-cafe-london.com/event_vi ... 2000:00:00

Would be good to see a few of yous. :thumbup:
Starts with a R. Rrrrrrrr. Motorbike!
Furrybiker

Re: Brighton Burn Up - Sun 12th

Post by Furrybiker »

I will be there but going with a mate from Box Hill, seems daft as I live 10 mins from the Ace :roll:
Twinpotter

Post by Twinpotter »

Cool, I'll just look out for a blue Storm while mounted on a silver one. And probably at a petrol station in Brighton before going home. :lol:
Enjoy. :thumbup:
Furrybiker

Post by Furrybiker »

I think you waved to me just outside Brighton, would have followed you but was keeping an eye on a mate who had the speedo cable break on his 1977 Z1000, too many plod around to chance it :whatever
Road Runner

Post by Road Runner »

Well that was a mental run, I went down from Box Hill and i've never seen so many bikes.
Has your teal storm got orange wheels?
Glad to discover the big fatal accident that closed the A23 on the way home did not involve any bikers.
edit: sadly the other incident that closed the M23 did.
Twinpotter

Post by Twinpotter »

Furrybiker wrote:I think you waved to me just outside Brighton, would have followed you but was keeping an eye on a mate who had the speedo cable break on his 1977 Z1000, too many plod around to chance it :whatever
Aha, likely me. We had a few new to riding in our group so I was just rumbling along (and getting 50mpg!) keeping an eye myself but we did have a couple of fluorescent beacons, two of our motley crew were wearing green/blue balerina skirts/leggings/net-stocking armbands. :eh:
Glad to discover the big fatal accident that closed the A23 on the way home did not involve any bikers.
edit: sadly the other incident that closed the M23 did.
So to avoid the closure announced some two hours earlier, a couple of the newer guys (for lack of a more fitting word) enthusiastically suggest we go east and grab the A22 up to avoid the earlier closure and since the bell that rang (biked docs to Hailsham a few times some 20 years ago) was somewhat distant, we politely nodded at the idea (being openly welcoming as we are) but it all came back soon enough; a busy windy single carriageway with rotten road surfaces. That and as we get onto a dark M25, three of them park up on the hard shoulder right after the slip road. Cue a great big sigh at nine bikes on the HS (what's the problem?), a heat seeker and instant bollocking if ever there was one, just waiting to happen! All for a pee/visor swop/known bulb failure problem/fag/stretch/kiss, I kid ye not.
:wtf:

I don't mean to be horrible but give me bikers rather than motorcyclists any day of the week please. The 'Balerinas' and I split in convoy for a quick T/Bun at the Ace. Got home at 23:00 with a numb back side that took a couple of brandies to remedy. Ah.

Otherwise, great to see all those machines, specially that auld leaky Indian I think was a Scout.

See yous about another time.
Furrybiker

Post by Furrybiker »

Definitely you then I saw your fluorescent out riders :eek2 My mates Z1000 decided to adjust its clutch on a minute by minute basis while blowing oil smoke and having front wheel vibration that left him with numb hands!

How did you get 50mpg? I can never better about 40 odd what gear do you use at those speeds, I tried top and got worse mpg than 4th.......Maybe its the heavy right hand

I got home at 9pm having fought my way through the traffic, we didnt think it could be a bad as it was so used the A23 FAIL.