Free Short Track meeting 10/07/2010

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

EggShellBlond

Free Short Track meeting 10/07/2010

Post by EggShellBlond »

Hi all

There's a Short Track race meeting in Stoke on Trent on Saturday afternoon.

No charge to get in and watch , wander the pits and have a chat with the riders

I'll be there as one of the marshalls

Four classes : Shorttrack , Thunderbikes ( for V-Twin and big single lovers ) Mini Bikes and Juniors

The action gets really hot when all the fast lads come together in the semi's and the Grand Final

Also the Dash for Cash race is often worth the entrance price alone ( although in this case it's free )

http://www.shorttrackuk.com/news

Cheers

Stu
If a job's worth doing..........It's worth paying someone to do it properly
benny hedges

Re: Free Short Track meeting 10/07/2010

Post by benny hedges »

very tempted to attend assuming my shim kit comes in time!!!
cheers :thumbup:
only a 30 min ride for me :biggrin anyone else fancy it?
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

I went to watch this about 5 yrs ago, its a good laugh in my opinion. like speedway, but lots more bikes on the track at 1 time, makes the 1st corner very interesting, especially when the quads were racing [8 of them on the track together]. Close racing and you are close to the action :thumbup:

did think it was one of the bike sports I havent yet had a go at, so was considering having a go, it would be a lot cheeper than road racing, but still get the race buzz.
but that would take the bike collection to 5 [as I dont think a 200cc enduro bike is going to be a good basis for a short track racer], so I dont think mrs McQ was going to approve...........so I took up trials instead.

Doubt I will make it, as have family commitments on Saturday [and if I get out of them I know there is an evening trial I could ride], but can reccomend it if you are undecided.
AMcQ
EggShellBlond

Post by EggShellBlond »

'tis very exciting being on track, and at £40 a race entry it's very cost effective.

A guy raced a Gasgas 300 recently , certainly wasn't outpaced. Some of the tracks are 300m , so outrageous power is not necessarily going to win it.

A days tuition, including 1:1 tuition , bike and kit hire is £199.Ends up with a multiple rider "practice session " ( or "race" if you prefer :lol: )

http://www.ftexperience.com

I found the skills transfered to the road , made me more confident in rain etc

Worth thinking about

Cheers

Stu
If a job's worth doing..........It's worth paying someone to do it properly