" Symetrical " Cans ??

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
EggShellBlond

" Symetrical " Cans ??

Post by EggShellBlond »

Is this normal ?
I've noticed that one of my cans sticks out more than the other , when viewed from the rear
( it's about 3 inches away from the mudguard on one side , 1 inch the other )
Looking at the rear shots of bikes on the the site , everyone elses seems to be symetrical , if that makes sense :roll:

They're Blue Flames , btw

Am I missing something ?

Cheers

Stu
If a job's worth doing..........It's worth paying someone to do it properly
tattie

Post by tattie »

I had High level (race) Titanium Blue Flames fitted to mine and they were not symmetrical.
One side was further out from the tail section than the other and one stuck out further at the back. I wrote to BF regarding this twice and they never replied. They are off just now as it is coming around to MOT time. I think the Left hand side also needed to go up a bit higher but when you tried to swing the pipes higher with the clamps slack the clearance between the chain and the link pipe was reduced to less than 3mm (I didnt relish the thought of the chain sawing its was through the pipe at high speed so I just put up with the lopsided look.
I am on the trail of a pair of cans from a seller on this site so in the not too distant future the Titanium BFs will be on the market.

Cheers

A.M.
Common sense ain't all that common!
andyh

Post by andyh »

Try giggling the link pipes about a bit, twisting them slightly in different directions. I had the same problem with my Renegade cans, but with a bit of fiddling eventually got it sorted.

Cheers Andy
Stormin Ben

Post by Stormin Ben »

My Remus' were level, then it fell over in the back of a van and tehy were out of kilter.
So thinking that as they'd got pushed askey in the first place, I was able to exert a bit of force and get them back in line

Ben
essexbloke

Post by essexbloke »

My Microns have never been exact......... only a fraction out so i live with it.......
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

When I fitted the hi level scorpions they would'nt sit symetrically, only a little out, and ended up bending the brackets slightly to get both sides the same.
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Same problem with my high level blue flames as tattie glad its not just mine. When out for a ride my mates cannot believe how much they
vibriate could be due to the bracket holding the can on , have tried to level them up.Anyway the weathers lovely here no work till two so gonna go for a blast.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Exactly the same with the laser pipes on mine. :cry:
They're close enough at the moment but later (when the garage is warmer) I'll pick up some new gaskets and give the headerpipes a good jiggle.
Pete.l
FireSpawn

Post by FireSpawn »

My Microns are out as well. Plus the badge on one is not positioned correctly - it faces down at a 10-15 degree angle :x
EggShellBlond

Post by EggShellBlond »

NIGHTMARE !!!
delmeekc

Post by delmeekc »

Stu,

how embarrassing mate, this means you have always been at the back when out on a ride else somebody would have pointed it out by now and told you about your one hung low.

Del. :oops:
EggShellBlond

Post by EggShellBlond »

NAHHH

See that red dot on the horizon ? That's me that is ! :wink:
markg

Post by markg »

my Venom hi-levels were out of line when I fitted them,one stuck out further than the other and one was definately lower.....
ten minutes just to loosen all the clamps and realign everything and it was sorted :D
I found it easier to leave the bolts at the link pipes below the footrests till last,bit of a wiggle to put them in but it done the job