HID kit??

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
rocoepecotrain

HID kit??

Post by rocoepecotrain »

Just a quick question. Does anyone know much about HID conversion kits for a storm? Is there a specific kit for the firestorm or is there just a standard H4 H5 etc?? Cheers chaps. Roscoe
rst steve

Re: HID kit??

Post by rst steve »

NO dont put a Hid kit in a storm.

I have been down this road and tryed lots of options from upgraded PIAA bulbs to hid kits. The bulb upgrade made a small difference, the hid kit made a massive difference but it also nearly got me killed as even when the light was adjusted correctly the amount of scatter was blinding on-coming drivers which ended in one on the wrong side of the road coming towards me. Not good. I am sure many people will post that they are running hid kits with no problems but there is only one way to get good hid lights and that is to retro-fit a hid projector into the storm headlight. This gives the same if not more light output than an aftermarket hid kit but the main advantage is the light is under complete control so no or very little scatter. :D
solorider

Post by solorider »

if you want a hid kit you must use a H4R kit not the more available and cheaper H4 kit,the H4 kit will cause too much light scatter as mentioned and will dazzle any oncoming vehicle,the H4R kit is designed to send the light back into the reflector as in the original bulb (that is why the bulb has a black end to it)
rocoepecotrain

Post by rocoepecotrain »

Many thanks guys. Very appreciative. Saved me alot of arsing around.
Rosoce
:D :D
grimley59

Post by grimley59 »

I fitted a HID kit from HIDS4U, the bulb has a reflector at the front in the same position as the black bit on normal bulbs. The beam pattern is wide but very 'cut' off, I have been behind police cars etc and have not been stopped or been flashed by oncoming vehicles but can now see where I'm going at night :D

i guess if you get a cheap kit you get probls..........possibly