Carbone Lorraine pads

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Doddmaster

Carbone Lorraine pads

Post by Doddmaster »

Hey

At the Stafford show on Sunday, I bought some Carbone Lorraine brake pads for the front (for the bargain price £38)
I don't have my Storm until Friday, but I have read that the brakes aren't that good. Is it worth me fitting the Carbone Lorraine pads straight away, even though the standard pads on the bike are only half way down?

Cheers,
Dodd
Stormin Ben

Post by Stormin Ben »

Did you get the SBK3's or the standard road ones?
SBK3's can feel a bit lacking on power on the road coz they don't usually get hot enough

However, for £3 you can't go wrong.

While you're playing with the brakes, make sure you give them a good clean by:-
gently pumping the pistons out (one piston/caliper at a time and don't pump too far out)
wiping them clean,
pushing them back in again
repeat several times til their action is smooth and friction free

It'll probably take you around an hour to do properly coz you've got 8 pistons to do but it makes a big difference

If you want to improve further you're gonna want to look at braided steel hoses (Busters are doing good offers at the moment) and bleeding the whole system to get rid of old, contaminated brake fluid

And if they're still not good enough you'll want an SP1 master cyclinder, some 6-pots and a PFM superbike brake conversion kit (£1000+)
And some better forks to make use of it!!
And some slicks for the same reason!!

Ben
Doddmaster

Post by Doddmaster »

Sorry, slight mistake in that first post. The price of the pads was actually £38