Important ---I got £1600 returned--now you give it a try.

General Biker Banter
bikerpiker

Important ---I got £1600 returned--now you give it a try.

Post by bikerpiker »

I followed the instructions on the above site around 1 year ago,...result :!: :) ,around £1600 returned to me :!: Some people got £ thousands more than that, you can read the testimonials :!:

There are 10 identical houses in my street, 3 (inc mine) were in a higher band than the rest :!: :x
My application was rejected 1st time,so i appealed by letter and won,its piss easy,its your own money your gettin back ,as they,ve overcharged :x

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclai ... nds-change

Follow instructions,put in your postcode and you'll see what your neighbours pay for council tax :!: Dont just think about it ...DO IT :!: You might be surprised :!:

Might be worth a try for some of you guys :!:

I think this is the http://www.voa.gov.uk/cti/InitS.asp?lcn=0 for England, but havn't tried it,.. in Scotland it's http://www.saa.gov.uk/
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

You good for a tap?

Are you saying your paying more council tax than your neighbour so you got your cash back?
Rich.

bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

Hi Rich,
sorry mate, moneys long gone :!: :cry:

Yes, thats what im saying,i was a band higher than my neighbour (3 bedroom semi),so i got the difference back over the amount of years.
Also my banding was reduced straight away :!:
If you put in yer postcode, you'll see what neighbours are paying :!:
Stevie
RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Post by RedStormV »

Good un Stevie,

Heard about this ages ago - prolly on Martin Lewis' spot on Radio2, but as often occurs, apathy reigned. :roll: :oops: :roll:

Just gone through the various bits and not only does it appear we're in the wrong band (1 too high) based on valuation in 1991, half the street is on 1 band and the other, like us, are 1 band higher! The houses are all the same!!!! 8O 8O 8O

Rock 'n' Roll!!! :D :D :D ££££££'s back dated to 1999 when we moved in .......... Yahoo!

Can't wait to ring the council on Monday!

And hey, even if we get nowt back - at the very least, those that are paying the lower band will get a shock!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Graeme

cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

Just checked and it says I should be an E band. I'm only a band D at the moment so nothing to see here, move along :roll:
Rich.

bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

Good stuff Graeme :!:
My initial application was rejected,cos they said it "was out of time",ie ,i think you get 3 years to apply,but i appealled ,saying if i had known then , that i was paying more than my neighbour,i would have applied at the time :!:
Dont let the fob you off :!: Good luck :!:

Ohh and nae luck rich :(
Andy1671

cash

Post by Andy1671 »

I got £1100 back last year cos 6 houses on an estate of 160 were a band higher but i had a load of trouble getting a cheque off the council they just wanted me to not pay for a year and a bit (i think not) so it is worth a try
I have reverse paranoia I think i am following somebody
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

Wish i could Timbo,
it's long gone :cry:

When i knew i was getting refunded i told the 2 kids if i got more than £1300 id give them £50 each,,so i was 100 notes down straight away :!: :o
bikerpiker

Re: cash

Post by bikerpiker »

Andy1671 wrote:I got £1100 back last year cos 6 houses on an estate of 160 were a band higher but i had a load of trouble getting a cheque off the council they just wanted me to not pay for a year and a bit (i think not) so it is worth a try
Took me around 5 months due to the overwhelming amount of applicants,i kept phoning and basically pestering them, they tell you anything,ie,that i'd need to go to an appeal hearing ,etc,which never happens :!: I think they try to get you to drop the case :!: Nae chance :evil:
stevevtr1

Post by stevevtr1 »

That Martin Lewis site is an encyclopedia on how to save ,get money back,anything financial you get it on there.The blokes a star,saved me loads,the finance industry hate him & have crashed his site a few times.
Dean O

Post by Dean O »

cupasoop wrote:Just checked and it says I should be an E band. I'm only a band D at the moment so nothing to see here, move along :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Drac

Post by Drac »

just had a result from this..well the wife did...4 houses in the street same as ours 3 on 1 band lower.

result =£2200 refund..took about 5 weeks
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Now a nice little windfall like that would come in very handy :D

The only trouble is, I know our home is in the correct bracket as I have checked it a while back :cry:

Chris.
bikerpiker

Refund Council Tax ,wrong band

Post by bikerpiker »

Thought i,d bring this to folks attention again ,incase some new members havn't seen it :)

Especially with all the doom n gloom ,redundancies ,and short time working (me) ,a wee windfall would come in handy :!: (unfortunately ive had mine).

Anyway, any of you newish forum members who didnt catch it first time round, check it out NOW , you might get back a fortune :!: :!: :D

Follow the links above for checking your banding ,comparing with your neighbours :!:
Stevie
Stu

Post by Stu »

Cheers BP top link hadn't seen this before - shame mines the same as everyone in my street - except my neighbour is a band higher but he's a stuck up juggler so I won't pass over this info :lol: