High level Scorpions

General Bike chat
stevieVTR

High level Scorpions

Post by stevieVTR »

Does anyone have a pair of these. If so, did you need to relocate the indicators or fit mini indicators? Also, will I need to use silicon gasket sealant when I fit them?
Any help welcome!
.... no more bike, divorce sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Stevie i've got Scorpions H/L on my VTR. Yes you will need to fit mini indicators, I fitted Motrax. A good tip someone gave me is to line the body of indicator behind the bulb with silver paper or baking foil, I used some foil type sticky tape I happened to already have, as these indicators don't have any reflectors, it definitely makes the mini indicators brighter. I suppose it might be an option to find indicators with reflectors, let us know if you do,
cheers Chris.
stevieVTR

Post by stevieVTR »

Thanks Chris, it was only on the way home from Ally Pally that I thought about this so I`ll have to go shopping again :wink:
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

Stevie,

I have scorpion hi levels on mine and managed to retain the original indicators. The pipe rise just below the indicators and don't interfere at all.

Hope this helps.

Ian
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
stevieVTR

Post by stevieVTR »

I`m going to fit them on Saturday so I`ll see how I get on. I can always get some mini Motrax if I have to. Thanks
DD

Post by DD »

I have the low set of Scorpions and would love a high rise set.
Does anyone have a photo of the high set as I'd like to know what they look like.
cheers Darryl
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

Daryl,

There's a photo of my storm with the hi levels on in the show off section, page 2 I think.

Ian
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
stevieVTR

Post by stevieVTR »

Fitted these babies yesterday but didn`t have time to test them. I don`t think my neighbour was too impressed this morning.....I`ve since taken the baffles out and they are loud!! :twisted: