cutting out??

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
benny-g

cutting out??

Post by benny-g »

HI people, looking for some advice. My storm just ccasionally cuts out........seemingly for no reason at all! it happens when im of the revs and the engine is idling, sometimes making a really undescribable harsh noise when it does cut out?? any ideas??..........oh and a quick push on the start and it fires straight back up.

Thanks, ben
benny-g

Post by benny-g »

hhhmmm, just got myself a set of yoshimura rs-3's from miss errrrr......moderator on here, sorry, forgotten your name! but it still do it, ggrrrr!!
storminateacup

Post by storminateacup »

They are all prone to that Benny raise the tickover to 13-1400 revs and it should stop doing it.
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.
benny-g

Post by benny-g »

cool beans, ill give that a go! cheers mate......do u ave any idea what the harsh noise is though??
storminateacup

Post by storminateacup »

Not sure about the noise but I think mine used to sound a bit strange when it quit.
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Is the harsh noise like a carb fart? My Storm occasionally coughs/backfires once warm and if I am at idle then he will die, should be cured once I have dyno'd/ rejetted the bike if |I ever get round to it ( not such a big deal to be honest). You may find that your bike has been set up for different cans and needs a re jet.
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

They all do it to some extent. Mine used to sound like a sneeze from under the tank, turning the idle up a bit will help.
Rich.

Beast

Post by Beast »

On a service the mechanic would usually set the idle to 1000rpm.
Storms are known to cut out occasionly even on slowing down quickly.
Would highly recommend NGK Iridium sparkies and just turn the idle up a fraction to about 1200rpm.
If the problem persists sometimes its down to a small pin hole in the diaphram of the carbs.
Squiffythewombat

Post by Squiffythewombat »

as others have said a dyno run and good plugs should cure it!

Mine used to do the same thing but only with ART cans on (again from Kaz...what is it with you and cans lol)
Squiffy_The_Wombat

Eagles may soar but wombats dont get sucked into jet engines!!
lee67

Post by lee67 »

mine dont cut out, but does cough and fart loud under tank...and thats been set up dyno jet plus k&n!!!..im told they all do it.....thats one thing i dont like about storm's...
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Might just be a starter sprag clutch engaging as it slows to a stop?