Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

FirestormMike wrote:Some of us didn't get to Matlock, but thats another story and it's not one I can or want to put into words, albeit we all got a reminder of just how fragile the human body is, regardless of what protection you wear
I'll second that... :(

However, it was nice to put a face to some of the names. Hopefully we'll all get out agin under better circumstances, oh, that ebay item might not be a bad idea? Kitch? :lol:
lee67

Post by lee67 »

just to let everyone know, been to hossy today to see ian'....leg amputated below knee, internal damage to kidney/spleen( mending itself slowly) and a couple of broken bones in his back......if u knew ian, you will be glad to know he's already back to his usual cheeky self, chatting up the nurses( god help em) and picking on me haha.....hes already thinking of his next bike, and what type of false leg to have 8O ..oh and can he make the zx a fighter :?
lee67

Post by lee67 »

yeah mike, i didnt sleep a wink last night, kept seeing the BOOT.. :cry: if anyone wants to ring him hes in tameside general tel number is 0161 331 6000....intensive care ward, itu( same thing)..and his full name is james tweedy, but goes by ian to his m8's......
SILVER ZIPPER

Post by SILVER ZIPPER »

Give Ian my best wishes when you see him again Lee.
Good to see some new faces.
Couple of pics in events.
I HATE IT WHEN I HAVE TO PUT IT AWAY........
alan

Post by alan »

Great news Ian's on the mend been thinking about the whole thing since yesterday and today, makes you assess and think how you ride, it has me anyway, we all ride or have rode alittle daft from time to time and think where invincible but yesterdays events are a big reminder that where not.

ps the police were fantastic btw so was the firewoman who helped a big thumbs up guys and girls.

And so to all the fxxxxxg numptys out there who wear trainers,jeans,
t-shirts,shorts in summer, and make your kids wear the same while on pillion get a fecking reality check and visit Ian in hospital to see his outcome and he had full gear on!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry rant over

Alan

pps pics from cat and fiddle in events
RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Post by RedStormV »

Hi,

Great news re Ian's condition - woulda thought he'd be doped to the eyeballs for a few days - Damn, can't even get Class 'A' drugs on the NHS now - LOL.

Hope the guys who decided not to venture further yesterday are OK. On reflection I think those of us that did probably had the better day. At least we discussed the events of the morning with each other rather than sitting at home staring at the walls all day trying to make sense of it!

Something like this always makes those involved or close to those involved reflect on what they do and how they do it, riding or anything else for that matter. I would imagine everyone affected will take it just that little bit steadier for a while to come - I certainly will.

As Alan has said, hats off to the Emergency services, and the nice lady who's phone bill will be a bit bigger than expected this month!

And to Alan, what a guy, reluctant 'hero' maybe but a hero all the same. Took a lot of guts and inner strength to do what you did for as long as you did it. You can be very proud of yourself mate.

It has also made me seriously think about getting a first aid course through work too (to be a first aider at work of course :roll: ). To have an incling of what to do, how to do it and perhaps more importantly what not to do, should a similar situation ever occur again.

For anyone reading this post who wasn't there, that's not to say we were downbeat or morbid all day, far from it - everyone seemed to make the best of it and had an enjoyable time.

We saw some nice scenary (flash past), drank lotsa coffee, saw some some nice bikes, some wierd paint jobs and the bonus of the day, watched Kitch trying to retrieve his keys! Oh, and it didn't rain!

I look forward to the next VTR meet :D

Will be at Squires Weds guys.

Graeme.
Kitch

Post by Kitch »

Although I didn't get a chance to meet Ian, I'm glad he's still here. Bad things happen and its always good when people make it to another day.

Best Wishes hospitalised dude :) Here's to hot physiotherapists.
Voted most likely to be found dead in park bushes following an act of autoerotic asphyxiation.
waspy

Post by waspy »

redstoormv my phone bill matey, I couldn't carry on even if I wanted to , because I was behind Ian & where the bike was parked up I wasn't allowed to move it for what felt like hours.
I've decided after sunday to look into these first bike on scene courses if anybody knows anything about them.
It's a bad idea to take a sleeping pill & a laxative at the same time !!
Kitch

Post by Kitch »

Voted most likely to be found dead in park bushes following an act of autoerotic asphyxiation.
EggShellBlond

Post by EggShellBlond »

Ditto , glad he's getting there , and still with us. Cracking link Kitch
If a job's worth doing..........It's worth paying someone to do it properly
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Yeah, good shout. I’m defo considering it and so are some mates of mine.

Glad Ian is on the mend. RedStormV, agree totally, well done Alan and everyone else immediately involved. Hats off.

On another note, Waspy, know you were discussing a spacer for your back shock. If you’re still considering it I’ve got one you can have. Send your address and I'll post it to you.

John.
EggShellBlond

Post by EggShellBlond »

SILVER ZIPPER wrote:Give Ian my best wishes when you see him again Lee.
Good to see some new faces.
Couple of pics in events.
Slight swerve , if I may...........................

I've had a look in Photo Gallery ^ up there , gone to events , where it says the latest addition was 01/10/2007

But when I get there , there's nothing on Page 21( the last page ) :roll:

Does it just put them in somewhere random ?
If a job's worth doing..........It's worth paying someone to do it properly
RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Post by RedStormV »

Hi Waspy,

Yours and the lady in the silver car - her's was 'on air' for some time too.

Good call re the FBoS - thanks for the link Kitch - will be ringing them tomoz to see if there's any nearer than Lancs - if not then maybe there I'll go. Still gonna go for First Aid course if I can get it - more skills / reinforced.

HOPEFULLY NEVER NEED TO USE ANY OF IT!!!!!!!!!!

Mike good call re last upload - I agree with Zipper it's like a mine field trying to find particular photo postings - only accidentally found the Matlock ones.

I'll post mine too when I get a minute - Dead Camera - being replaced by Ins Co just cost me the £60 excess no quibbling!
That was an expensive trip to the Cat & Fiddle - LOL
Least I got some of your ugly mugs before it had its own meeting with fete!

Graeme.
KarlosVTR

Post by KarlosVTR »

forgive me but what the hell did i miss?
lee67

Post by lee67 »

well put mike..latest news is he's still improving and might be coming off intensive care unit :)