mixture adjustment

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Atkinspa

mixture adjustment

Post by Atkinspa »

Had my storm a few months months now. came with micron race cans fitted, so i thought I would fit a K&N filter and a dynojet kit. the only problem I have is that the dynojet kit talks about a mixture screw. I can only find the pilot screw, so i assuming that this i what they mean. Can anyone confirm this. As I am dubious about turning this until I am sure?
delmeekc

Post by delmeekc »

yep there's one on each carb at the bottom, they have a cross in them but for a flat head screw driver (well for the honda carb adjusting tool). Try 3 turns out from closed (all d way in them 3 full turns out anitclockwise), when you do them up (clockwise) do it gently just till it seats, don't force it in. ooh err. Out make it richer and in leaner but only effects the tickover, and about 1/8 throttle, really low rev cruising.

It will normal effect the carb balancing too, so check this at the same time after each little adjustment. Most dyno's have a lamda sensor attachment, could ask you local dyno to check it.

Del.
Atkinspa

Post by Atkinspa »

Thanks Del

Thought that was the case but the drawing they give with dynojet kit looked nothing like the carb, and the hanyes manual mentions it but does not make clear exactly what it does, so best to check.