Eunice

General Biker Banter
MacV2

Eunice

Post by MacV2 »

Well it's a tad blowy out there today...

So far I had a very fast walk back from the shop until I went round the corner & slowed down into the head wind... :lol:

My door knocker keeps phantom knocking, a 10 min powercut earlier & one fence panel is down...

Next door has a broken flower pot & two doors down a metal storage dodah went for a walk...

Deff not going out on the bike !
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
tony.mon

Re: Eunice

Post by tony.mon »

Next door has a three-trunk tree covered in ivy.
Correction: a two-trunk tree. We're waiting for the other two to drop.
Wind blew two metal wheelbarrows across the garden.

I'm staying in!
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Grain got a mention on the BBC today as a victim of Eunice. One of the power station chimneys collapsed, evidently!
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Kev L wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:07 pm Grain got a mention on the BBC today as a victim of Eunice. One of the power station chimneys collapsed, evidently!

It's true, there are two Power stations so not sure which one it is...

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/new ... ce-262715/

Part of the roof of the Millennium Dome has been ripped off as well... 8O
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

No electricity here for just over 7hrs which meant no Internet either, well apart from my mobile phone which I detest using for that purpose. Hopefully it stays on now, fingers crossed,

Chris.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Just got home after 4 days in Edinburgh. First time I’ve been and really enjoyed it. Stayed in a great air BnB which was a converted tenement, on Fleshmarket right on the Royal Mile.

Took 4 hours door to door to get there and 12 hours with much ducking and diving to get home. I’d still go back for another go though! Brought home a nice bottle of malt as well, one I’ve not tried before Peats Beast (no offers from you Pete L 😉).
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

So next door has already put the fence panel back up...It's a bit flappy as it's a bit battered with bits of it on the grass on my side.

More wind later on today so I expext that to be down again.

Picked a few bits of debris up... Suns out mild breeze more strong winds prdicted for later...

Eunice gave us a proper blow job !
Pentode

Post by Pentode »

Took my Mini Schnauzers out for a walk on the nearby airfield, one of them got blown over whilst having a poo!

Bless him, scrabbling around trying to get on his feet while his turds are rolling past him in the wind....! 🤣
Insufferable halfwit.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Pentode wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:09 pm Took my Mini Schnauzers out for a walk on the nearby airfield, one of them got blown over whilst having a poo!

Bless him, scrabbling around trying to get on his feet while his turds are rolling past him in the wind....! 🤣
Fecking class post, love it :lol: :thumbup:
AMcQ
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Turns out I've been Euniced as well.

Couple of tiles have been dislodged on me roof... :(
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

So I had a roofer come round today...Apparently putting two tiles back in place is not as straight forward as it would appear to be... There are some other repairs to be carried out...

£1500 for the one side of the apex fek it whilst your up there you may as well do both sides ok £3000...

Er ok I'll give my house insurance bods a call & see if I can claim it on that...

So one 10 min wait on the call line later, yes I can claim it & they will send an agent round to look at it & they will carry out the works... £300 excess, thats a bit better... Phew...
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

MacV2 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:23 pm So I had a roofer come round today...Apparently putting two tiles back in place is not as straight forward as it would appear to be... There are some other repairs to be carried out...

£1500 for the one side of the apex fek it whilst your up there you may as well do both sides ok £3000...

Er ok I'll give my house insurance bods a call & see if I can claim it on that...

So one 10 min wait on the call line later, yes I can claim it & they will send an agent round to look at it & they will carry out the works... £300 excess, thats a bit better... Phew...
A good job you have insurance.

It's usually the underfelt that needs replacing, that means the tiles have to come off first. Have you had any damp patches appearing on your bedroom ceilings :?:

Chris.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

more like damp patches in his bed :lol:
AMcQ
rollingthunderx2

Post by rollingthunderx2 »

Been off work as Im on a job on Arran and all the ferrys are cancelled..A few shingles mussing from the roof and the tarp on the other Storm ripped..but Ive a new hydraulic bench and an ohlins shock back from being refreshed so its going back in the workshop now Ive cleared the gin still away.
Very high winds and the big cedar shed I live in creaked and groaned but no real damage.Roofs off in town though..Im on the side of a hill but ther are trees not far away.So its a little sheltered..although the delivery driver nearly lost his door while opening to get out..dont think it shut properly after that.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

AMCQ46 wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:46 pm more like damp patches in his bed :lol:
:lol: :thumbup:

Chris.