what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
MacV2

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by MacV2 »

nigelrb wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:41 am
That surely is one of the better (best?) examples of how good these bikes can look. Kudos to you!
Hahaha...Well TBH thats as much as I bought it, just tidied it up a bit...

The story as I was told a P PO had the work done apprently by Harris Engineeing. Although I'm not 100% on that, it is a US import as far as I can tell...'98 bike with a PAIRS system on it... Maybe the major work was done in the US...It has a few Two Brothers bits & bobs on it...

He then had a minor spill & it passed to a mechanic. The body work is OEM but the paint is not 100% match to the factory colour R-157...The belly pan is deff a different shade.

The PO whom I bought it off traded in a bike he had for it at the time with just 4k on the clocks now has about 9k on it...

Needs MOT & tyres then I might get it out for a ride... :lol: :lol:

Still things to do... I need to do the TPS, it has security bolts not torx head bolts. Strip & clean the brakes, strip, check, greese the linkage...& sack the PAIRS System...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

nigelrb wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:38 am Whoa! Whoever thought I could find love on a motorcycle forum!! :lol:
She obviously did...
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Pentode

Post by Pentode »

Cleaned and lubed the chain and adjusted the brake pedal - not much but pleased I've done something 'Storm related 🙂
Insufferable halfwit.
Shauned71

Post by Shauned71 »

MacV2 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:30 am
Shauned71 wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:57 pm
MacV2 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:58 pm Over the last few days I have been giving Red 633 some attention...

So heres a little spot the difference quiz to keep you ocupied in lock down...

Frank has kindly donated a small prize as he puts it...'' For the most analy attentive nobheed out there...'' with the most correct answers...
Removed stickers from front fairing and belly... changed indicators to new shape (amber rear/clear front) Changed the bar ends.
Removed stickers from rear fairing and seat cowl and fitted v2 sticker to rear fairing... but then I gota thinking... firstly what a lovely gap you have between the cowl and fairing in the second pic.. and although it's hard to tell it kinda looks like an original v2 sticker so I might hazard a guess that you have changed that rear fairing.. and maybe the cowl as well, either that or going by the photos it at the least looks like you have added the rubber edging to the front of the cowl.
Finaly someone who doesnt need to go to specsavers... :lol: :lol:

5 out of 9.

OK as I'm a pedantic so & so, I'm calling time on this & declaring Shaun of the Dud the winner...

Mainly as he has most of the changes you can see... :wink:

Full list is...

Obvious one are...

Removed the stickers. (never a fan TBH but the two brothers ones were badly faded & looked pants...)

Late style indis all round with clear lens on the fronts.

The bar ends changed but so have the cheap gash grips, used std ones that were in stock. ( difficult to see I know...)

Yes the tail fairing has been changed, so has origonal V2 stickers on, the seat hump is the same but with the old V2 sticker removed & a rubber strip added.

So thats the 5 he got minus the grips... :wink:

The less visable...Ok invisible :lol:

The front tank mount bolts were no std & the top hats were in from the top...So top hats put in correctly replacment std washers on the top & SS allen bolts used.

I'd previously mentiod back in the oil change thread that when I took the fairing off the sidelight wiring had been bodged, so rectified that & fitted a different side light unit with an LED bulb in it. Something I'd made up yonks ago, I'm talkin' Ole Red here, but never fitted as it required the std plug to be cut off & I didn't want to do that...This one already is missing the plug.

The mirrors have been changed. It was wearing a set of the aftermarket std copies, you know the ones that if you move them to adjust they go loose & fold in when you get above 50... :lol:

Alan mentioned the rear brake lever...Well its not been changed. When I was feking about with the rear light, the rear brake wasn't activating the brake light. It has a pressure switch on it & I was gonna chase the wire try testing it ect... Then I noticed that the nut was missing on the back of the lever... 8O So sorted that it raised the lever & sorted the light out...

So theres the 9 changes... I didnt include the replacment inner fairing scoops that were missing...

So congrats Shaun you have incoming PM Sir...

We can all get back to lockdown boredom now... :lol:
WOO HOO :Mexican Wave: Thank you... thank you very much.. Disappointed I missed the grips.. now that you have mentioned them, can't miss them lol Bike is looking good! but that gap to the cowl :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Shauned71 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:55 am
WOO HOO :Mexican Wave: Thank you... thank you very much.. Disappointed I missed the grips.. now that you have mentioned them, can't miss them lol Bike is looking good! but that gap to the cowl :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Yeah it is a nice straight tight gap but all std as far as I can see...Std seat, subframe, Fairing (both of them) & cowl... The undertray has been modded but I cant see how that would affect the seat/cowl/fairing... :confused
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

MacV2 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:19 pm
Shauned71 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:55 am
Yeah it is a nice straight tight gap but all std as far as I can see...Std seat, subframe, Fairing (both of them) & cowl... The undertray has been modded but I cant see how that would affect the seat/cowl/fairing... :confused

Just checked & Neu Red has a nice straight gap as well...I must be lucky I spose...
07082016 5.jpg
MaroonMachine

Post by MaroonMachine »

Rode to work,today.What a great feeling,made a change riding home after driving my truck :mrgreen:
Not So lean,Not so mean,Ex-Maroon Machine
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I received a nice new alarm disc lock in the post, courtesy of MCN.
I subscribed which means I don't have to go to the shop to collect it, 96 quid for the year, and got a thatcham disclock alarm worth (they claim) 70 odd quid.
Either way it's a nice piece of kit, with a USB charging cable rather that having to buy industrial quantities of 2032 coin cells, which seems better.
Feels like a bargain to me :thumbup:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Over the last few days I have mainly been refurbing some shock linkages...

Strip & clean...

Bit of paint on the Triangle & clear laquer on the dog bone...

New bearings & seals, scrubbed up the nut's, bolts, & cushions...Lashings of Red & Tacky grease...

Had almost all the parts to do 3, just needed to order a cushion for one Triangle from silvers...

Have to wait till things get back to normal to restock on bearings...

So I can get that remaing manky feker done... :lol:
Commando77

Post by Commando77 »

Ordered new pads all round... The fronts were half worn at almost 3mm. 4mm on the rear though and I thought hardly worn until I discovered the ebc fitted are 8mm new. I'll not really test the brakes so back on with the same brand. I was tempted to strip the calipers after 37k but they're free and uncrusty so best left. They've been flushed with new fluid.
Checked carb balance and it was spot on. Next I'll have another go at the idle mixture screws...she likes to stall randomly at idle when hot. I know it can be a trait but idle revs are at 1200 and I've removed the PAIR system. It did do it before that anyway.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Commando77 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:55 pm Ordered new pads all round... The fronts were half worn at almost 3mm. 4mm on the rear though and I thought hardly worn until I discovered the ebc fitted are 8mm new. I'll not really test the brakes so back on with the same brand. I was tempted to strip the calipers after 37k but they're free and uncrusty so best left. They've been flushed with new fluid.
Checked carb balance and it was spot on. Next I'll have another go at the idle mixture screws...she likes to stall randomly at idle when hot. I know it can be a trait but idle revs are at 1200 and I've removed the PAIR system. It did do it before that anyway.
Check TPS. You'll need a meter to check it...Can be adjusted quite often factory setting can be quite hight, your looking to get it down to 500 omh's...ish...

viewtopic.php?p=276330#p276330
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

i walked past my pair 22 times today :eek2 :eek2 , with arm loads of fecking wood, decided to make a decking area out the back... well thats a job i wish id never started lol :lol: :eek2
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

fabiostar wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:08 pm i walked past my pair 22 times today :eek2 :eek2 , with arm loads of fecking wood, decided to make a decking area out the back... well thats a job i wish id never started lol :lol: :eek2
You'll feel better when you deck the onlookers for standing about watching instead of helping
Commando77

Post by Commando77 »

On the TPS thanks Mac... I did the original when I got the bike but it now has a new replacement having fekked the original during my cam timing malarkey a year ago. I set the new one but I'll check it again. Cheers and worth a shot.
Commando77

Post by Commando77 »

Well that was worth looking at... I checked at the ign module and there's no circuit on green/bk. That explains (maybe?) difficult starting when cold. She doesn't always like choke when cold which I thought pointed to worn starter valves, maybe not. Time to trace the break.