CBR 600 stick coils

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Ianasauras

Re: CBR 600 stick coils

Post by Ianasauras »

Hi Carmanbikes,

I don't have PMs yet. If you see this could you PM me with a link to your Facebook or something like that I could contact you through?

Thanks,

Ian
Ianasauras

Post by Ianasauras »

Got the mod done. That front connector is a nightmare to get to! Starts so easy now. Cheers to everyone on here for the help.
The coils are a little wobbly on the plugs in even with the cut up boots, but I'll sort that out.

Thanks guys!
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Well done. Glad to know it's quite easy
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
Ianasauras

Post by Ianasauras »

It really is! And for what it costs vs. it's effectiveness I can't think of any reason not to do it.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

The coils are a little wobbly on the plugs in even with the cut up boots
Forget the cut off boots. Around the shaft of the coil is a round rubber sleeve which you can slide up the shaft slightly so it moves up and down. Poke the coil into place and the rubber sleeve will slide and sit snugly inside the U of the cam cover / cylinder head stopping it from wobbling around and any excess water getting in. :thumbup:
==============================Enter the Darkside
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

VTRDark wrote:
The coils are a little wobbly on the plugs in even with the cut up boots
Forget the cut off boots. Around the shaft of the coil is a round rubber sleeve which you can slide up the shaft slightly so it moves up and down. Poke the coil into place and the rubber sleeve will slide and sit snugly inside the U of the cam cover / cylinder head stopping it from wobbling around and any excess water getting in. :thumbup:
Carl, is this video a good description on how this mod should be done :?:
[youtube][/youtube]

Chris.
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Finally sorted mine today. Easy peasy but my soldering is crap. Hope they hold together with the shrink wrap and tape.
Ianasauras

Post by Ianasauras »

freeridenick wrote:Finally sorted mine today. Easy peasy but my soldering is crap. Hope they hold together with the shrink wrap and tape.
I know that feeling. My soldering iron is a POS. Been meaning to pick up something better, along with a dremmel, torque wrench and an unending list of other tools!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

No that's not what I'm talking about. There's no need for any of the old boot off the original HT lead.

Red Arrow......it's as easy as sliding this down a little and then attaching the coil and the rubber sleeve will then slide back up or should I say coil slides through so it grips itself inside the U around where the cam cover and cylinder head meets. Nice and snug it is.

==============================Enter the Darkside
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Not only that Ianasauras, I burnt my finger on the iron too. It still doesn't really hurt so it's a deep one. :cry:

Thanks for the tip Mr Dark, works a treat.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

VTRDark wrote:
No that's not what I'm talking about. There's no need for any of the old boot off the original HT lead.

Red Arrow......it's as easy as sliding this down a little and then attaching the coil and the rubber sleeve will then slide back up or should I say coil slides through so it grips itself inside the U around where the cam cover and cylinder head meets. Nice and snug it is.

:thumbup: cheers Carl, that explains it better,

Chris.
davebonline

Post by davebonline »

So how easy is this mod, and what do you need along with the actual CBR stick coils (someone mentioned a harness)?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

davebonline wrote:So how easy is this mod, and what do you need along with the actual CBR stick coils (someone mentioned a harness)?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
Theres this thing top right of page ...search...as you cant be arsed I've done it for you...Tsk lazy fekers... :lol: :lol:

http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 31&t=21761
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Using the standard rubber boot stops any water getting in . Also worth cleaning out the drain hole while your there .
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

Ianasauras wrote:It's more for the starting for me. I've replaced the starter, the battery and the reg/rec and still struggles to start on a cold morning without being on the trickle charger all night.
do you have a standard replacement battery or an up rated one from Mottbatt