what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
playerone

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by playerone »

bigtwinthing wrote:thats gonna spit, bark and generally fart like a good un. 9000 and close the throttle thrap, fart pop pop pop ah the memories.
oh they do :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

bigtwinthing wrote:Bloody Hell Marty Spanish inquisition !!! chill out ! :lol:
hahaha, neil knows me well enough, we slept within 3ft of each other for a week.... :wink:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

agentpineapple wrote:
bigtwinthing wrote:Bloody Hell Marty Spanish inquisition !!! chill out ! :lol:
hahaha, neil knows me well enough, we slept within 3ft of each other for a week.... :wink:

he is braver than me! :lol: that "Growler " pic still shits me up.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Kev L wrote:If anyone wants the flexible shaft tool from my 3000 Dremel I recently bought a 4000, having burnt out the 3000, so I have a spare.

Carl needs one apparently Kev...

http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 50#p430800

''I have managed to snap the cable inside the extension attachment though when I was doing some porting. I really should buy a new cable for that but haven't bothered yet. ''
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Took the exhausts off ready to fit the new ones tonight.
Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

bigtwinthing wrote:Took the exhausts off ready to fit the new ones tonight.
What pipes have you gone for Btt? 150Db Dan moto's? :lol:
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Fitted my thottle return cable back into it's clip on the carbs. What a faff. Plus, one of the self tapping screws that holds the airbox lid on decided to go walk about. But never hit the floor. Beyond turning the bike upside down I don't think I'll ever find it.

Anyone got one kicking about?
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

KermitLeFrog wrote:Fitted my thottle return cable back into it's clip on the carbs. What a faff. Plus, one of the self tapping screws that holds the airbox lid on decided to go walk about. But never hit the floor. Beyond turning the bike upside down I don't think I'll ever find it.

Anyone got one kicking about?
That'll be lurkin in the heat sheild...Thats where I normaly find mine... :lol: :lol:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Carl needs one apparently Kev...
I only need the inner cable. No point in wasting a complete unit on me that's why I did not reply.
==============================Enter the Darkside
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

new cans on, baffles out, quick blast and yahoo.
john306

Post by john306 »

New tyres, wheel and sprocket bearings and dust seals, fitted all back together (1st time I'd done it) and quick blast out to make sure it still runs ok.... Yes :D
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Varastorm wrote:
bigtwinthing wrote:Took the exhausts off ready to fit the new ones tonight.
What pipes have you gone for Btt? 150Db Dan moto's? :lol:

no i sold them.

Delkevic Tri Ovals. very impressed with the fit. They seem good quality, sound wonderful ( for an IL4) and my only issue, do i line the sides up straight or have the flat bits straight ? The link pipes are esp good with the rubber bumpers for the side and main stand perfectly positioned.

they look neat too. I actually like the originals, they fit superbly and are very slim, but you loose all sense of noise with them.

That will mean another tenner each year for the MOT Guy though :lol:

not sure if it goes any better ( it is a CBF after all :lol: ) but sounds great. Overall very impressed with them.

This bike actually never ceases to impress me with its easy, comfy ride position, smooth gearbox and general enjoyable ride quality considering its a 'Budget" set up. Bazza i owe you a beer! i would not have tried one until i spoke to you in grain.

And the icing on the cake! my wife can get on and off and likes the comfort.

The bike was initially cheap, had all the bits i liked, comfort, ABS,Panniers, Topbox with back support, centre stand etc, the bonus was the sat nav and the actual suspension is ok for general riding and a bit of tanking it. I just know its limits now. Oh and my preference was a white one and i was lucky to get it so cheap. The engine albeit 96bhp is a real peach. It has surprised a lot of people how well it goes.
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

i have seen one with a VFR800 SSSA too, that looked great.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Faffed around with the Custard...Fairing off, replaced a bulb in the clocks as no light in the speedo...Changed the headlight bulb for something a little brighter & found the sidelight wasn't working bit of corrosion in the holder so changed the whole thing... It's dark on the way in to work now & soon to be dark on the way home so best that I can see & plebs in cars can see me...

Changed the oil last week & found the sump bolt real tight to get off, mainly as there was no washer in there...DOH. So I put a sump washer I had in the washer box but it was a rubber one a bit big so just crushed & squished out meaning I had a weep... Picked up some proper copper crush washers yesterday. So whilst the fairing was off I tipped the bike over against some crates. Whipped out the drain plug & quickly stuck another one in with said washer...Lost about 100ml oil only...result...

Boxed it all back up, checked the lights & the dash ...all good. Cleaned the headlight of all the dead flies & toot from last weeks commute, left the rest of it to fester... :lol:

Of course whilst I had all the bikes outside It rained so Joe, Bloo, Dresden & Nue Red all got leatherd off before being put away... :thumbup:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

had a ride out this afternoon, tried to get the last out of my rear tyre, tried to concentrate on accelerating harder whilst leant over. even stopped and took a few pictures. then got home and thought i'd lost my phone, so went back out to look for it, only to find it later, it had worked it's way into the lining of my jacket doh!!
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!