Cheap Chinese Ebay discs Neverland-2012

General Bike chat
sgoaty

Cheap Chinese Ebay discs Neverland-2012

Post by sgoaty »

Hi

I just wanted to share my experience of buying cheap Chinese discs branded "Arashi"from ebay seller Neverland-2012 for my ZZR1200.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/L-R-Front-Bra ... xy3cJTfsZO

I bought the discs back in October and they looked fine but after my first outing in the wet the pads stuck to them (EBC HH). I didn't think much about it at the time but now the brakes have started to squeak at low speeds and they have started to detract from the look of the bike. I emailed the seller who was very apologetic initially and offered to sell me another set at a substantial discount. I said Id rather they replaced them which they weren't willing to do I then asked how much discount he was offering he said $10 USD when I said I wasnt happy with that he stopped replying.

Below are the photos of the discs having covered all of 300 miles

Now I know some may say you get what you pay for but i have used similar Chinese discs on bikes (including my firestorm) in the past with absolutely no problems so I didn't see why this set would be any different.

Just wanted to share this in the hope of saving someone else getting caught out by this seller. I think i would perhaps try another set of Chinese discs but definitely not from this guy.

Cheers Scott
fabiostar

Re: Cheap Chinese Ebay discs Neverland-2012

Post by fabiostar »

Holy crap they look awful. i got a set from the same supplier for my ZX7R and they where fine but thats just put me of that idea for the storm. :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

I got a set of these exact same discs for my GSXR 1000 from Neverland.

I bought them for track use and they're on my wets. They have been spot on up to now.

I only bought them after reading loads of reviews on Chinese discs, they all say that the Arashi ones are good.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Miztaziggy wrote:I got a set of these exact same discs for my GSXR 1000 from Neverland.

I bought them for track use and they're on my wets. They have been spot on up to now.

I only bought them after reading loads of reviews on Chinese discs, they all say that the Arashi ones are good.
yeah id no problems with mine, i wonder maybe just a dodgy set in this case?. or they didnt agree with the pads?
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
sgoaty

Post by sgoaty »

I cant see why they would disagree with the pads as they are good quality EBC HH items. Think you could be right about a bad batch but i cant say for sure as the guy wont give me another set to try :(
mattycoops43

Post by mattycoops43 »

I have seen ebc hh pads do exactly that to ebc discs. I won't touch them again. Standard pads are much kinder to discs and perfectly fine for fast road use.
Budget storm gradually on the road to spangliness.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Sbs pads do the same to standard discs ! Think they have a higher iron content .
When I leave the bird in the rain I get a fine coat of rust on the discs but they soon clean up .
sgoaty

Post by sgoaty »

Ive ordered a set of Kyoto pads to try and see if it stops it getting worse I normally only use OEM, SBS or EBC but will see how it goes and report back.
vtrjames

Post by vtrjames »

hmm , I acquired a set of cheap wavey discs that were on a wheel I bought,the discs have been ok but ive just fitted ebc hh pads to my bike on Tuesday so I will be expecting rough looking discs then..