Indicators problem

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
rippedfromhell

Indicators problem

Post by rippedfromhell »

Hello again,
I was hoping you guys can offer some more sage advice?

Recently replaced the 30amp fuse... (see my last post):

http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=38759

...on the storm which worked fine but since then the indicators do not light up.
When the engine is turned off I can hear the indicator relay ticking over when I engage the slider switch (left / right) and stop when I center the slider (as it should) but no indicator lights come on.

All other lights are working fine (main beam/ high beam/ break lights) - so I checked all the other fuses and there are none blown.

I really doubt all 4 indicator bulbs would have blown at once, so before I go buying 4 new indicator bulbs, has any of you any idea what it could be and how to fix it?

Cheers!
Johnny
rippedfromhell

Re: Indicators problem

Post by rippedfromhell »

As far as I gather the horn is on the same circuit but the horn is working fine. :confused
Johnny
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

I really don't no mate, would it be worth getting hold of another lhs switchgear, just to eliminate that as the problem, i'm selling one in good working order, i'm also selling 3 lhs switchgears that are in various conditions, but even if you don't buy one, maybe meet up with a forum member and swap switchgears.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Watty

Post by Watty »

agentpineapple wrote:I really don't no mate, would it be worth getting hold of another lhs switchgear, just to eliminate that as the problem, i'm selling one in good working order, i'm also selling 3 lhs switchgears that are in various conditions, but even if you don't buy one, maybe meet up with a forum member and swap switchgears.
AP Whitmarsh 8O :lol:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Watty wrote:
agentpineapple wrote:I really don't no mate, would it be worth getting hold of another lhs switchgear, just to eliminate that as the problem, i'm selling one in good working order, i'm also selling 3 lhs switchgears that are in various conditions, but even if you don't buy one, maybe meet up with a forum member and swap switchgears.
more like ap butt wipe..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Watty

Post by Watty »

agentpineapple wrote:
Watty wrote:
more like ap butt wipe..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :clap:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

The fact you can hear the relay seems to eliminate the switchgear. I wonder if the relay is goosed, Can you get a meter on the indicator wires where the join the indicator mount and check for voltage going to it?
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
rippedfromhell

Post by rippedfromhell »

Cheers, I'll keep that in mind.

I tested the cables on the lhs switchgear and they are all getting power so I am thinking it might be the flasher relay.

Anyone by chance know which relay type I should get for a 1999 VTR1000f?
Johnny
carmanbikes

Post by carmanbikes »

I had a problem where I had no rear indicators and it was down to the relay
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

I may have a spare indi relay. Will have to check, I can send it to you & if its good you can sort me out some beer tokens.

I'll PM you.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
rippedfromhell

Post by rippedfromhell »

MacV2 wrote:I may have a spare indi relay. Will have to check, I can send it to you & if its good you can sort me out some beer tokens.

I'll PM you.

That would be great, thanks man.
Johnny
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

rippedfromhell wrote:
MacV2 wrote:I may have a spare indi relay. Will have to check, I can send it to you & if its good you can sort me out some beer tokens.

I'll PM you.

That would be great, thanks man.
PM sent.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
TravisZack

Post by TravisZack »

On the topic of indicators, mine have recently taken a few seconds or more to start flashing, but then can be switched between once "warmed up" and will come back on straight away if cancelled and activated again. Thoughts?
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Give the indicator switch internals a clean with some electrical contact cleaner and some dilectric grease - or wait till the weather gets warmer.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

TravisZack wrote:On the topic of indicators, mine have recently taken a few seconds or more to start flashing, but then can be switched between once "warmed up" and will come back on straight away if cancelled and activated again. Thoughts?
mine done the same and it turned out to be a goosed lhs switch gear.
the older i get,the faster i was :lol: