Tires again

General Bike chat
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

FalomVtr wrote:I thought the Sport and Power had a slightly different peak to them and you couldn't mix them. I think one of the aussie guys tried it and got wobbles. Maybe he had a Power on the front and a Sport on the back.
Hadn't read that one Stew. This friend of mine (well, ex, but it's a long story... :? ) swears by the Sport. I did ride his bike & had no problems, but I didn't reeeeeally get to give it a good blat. Maybe I'll wait until I need to get the pair together to change over.
andrewlondon wrote:Get some Super Corsas, in the dry you can't touch them. Watch out when leaning in the wet though. ;-)
So what good are they in the UK then??? :lol:
If you ate yourself would you become twice as big or simply disappear?
Paddockstand Ltd

Post by Paddockstand Ltd »

Got to say I am a good weather rider lololol but for those of you who haven't try them!!!! For the all weather riders amongst us you should have summer and winter tyres.
Regards

Steve

Paddockstand Ltd
www.paddockstand.co.uk
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

That's simply not a feasible notion for Australians. Rain ain't what you'd call a frequent thing, but you never know when it's coming. Could be bright & sunny en route to work & then be bucketing down when you leave for your somewhat detoured :wink: ride home. We don't exactly have what you'd call a 'wet season' when it'd maybe be worth changing tyres. I've run the Pilot Powers for the last couple of years now & find them excellent, rain, hail or shine.
Paddockstand Ltd

hmmmmm evidently you haven't been to the UK lol
Regards

Steve

Paddockstand Ltd
www.paddockstand.co.uk
andrewlondon

Post by andrewlondon »

firestorm_al wrote:
andrewlondon wrote:Well if they're anything like the SuperCorsas i had then the tread doesn't go all the way to the edge of the tyre so if you had it cranked in the wet with no tread then hat off to you. The Corsas i had are nowhere near as good as Pilots or the like in the wet.
Sportecs are like offroad tyres compared to super corsas tread wise!!
Well the tread might be different but i know Metzler and Pirelli use the same compounds for a lot of tyres.
Paddockstand Ltd

Tyres

Yup the same manufacturers i believe just a preference for me the K1 Racetec stick like sh1t to a blanket tops 1500 miles on the rear tho and not much good in the cold lol
Regards

Steve

Paddockstand Ltd
www.paddockstand.co.uk
dookie

Post by dookie »

Got my pilot sports on today , just been out for around 30 miles and came back with a big smile on my face .
As i only have the strange sportek m1 front and bridgestone bt020 back combo that the bike came with to compare against i dont know how they compare to other tires of this type but i am very very pleased with them.
The bike now has a totaly linear turn in from uprite to lent over and turns much faster than the worn metz , it even turns much quicker when at a standstill to put the steering lock on like it has power steering :D
I went for a good blast with a freind on his cbr 600 the other week and he was making loads of ground on me into turns and i was making it back on the exit with my extra grunt as the bike didnt feel like it wanted to turn but now it feels like a different bike :lol:
There was a time i used to care
sparrowlegs

Post by sparrowlegs »

Anyone riddenm a 'Storm shod with Bridgestone 020's on front and rear?...my 'Storm has them on and i wanna know if they suit it?...only used Avon Azaro's on my TRX850 and ZZR600 so i'm a bit clueless on bridgestone tyres :oops:
SILVER ZIPPER

Post by SILVER ZIPPER »

I've got 020's on mine and i think they are fantastic.
When i got the storm it had pilot sport's on,after changing to 020's it became a differant bike, i had load's more confidence after the change.
I like them that much just had a new one on the rear
I HATE IT WHEN I HAVE TO PUT IT AWAY........
Paddockstand Ltd

All depends on your riding style. The 020 is a touring tyre after all. If you give it some stick then you really want something more like the 014 which is a fantastic tyre. Pilot Sports are a decent tyre that sit right in the middle. I love to see what you guys think of something like the Ractecs from Metzeler cos they do stick like sh1t to a blanket.
Regards

Steve

Paddockstand Ltd
www.paddockstand.co.uk
eddvtr1000

Post by eddvtr1000 »

sparrow legs mate i had avon azaro's on my cbr and they were crap in the wet/damp.
started with bt 014's on the vtr and they were terrible it handled like a barge and in the wet no chance.
local bike guy recomended 020's so i gave them a go and they transformed the bike completely, i love em!
4 cyl = 2ltr , 2 cyl = 1ltr it's all relative.
kingster

Post by kingster »

For those Oop North, Hunters on the Hill are doing Dragon Evos for £130 a pair fitted. MIght not last long at this price.

I have a set and so far so good...
stevieVTR

Post by stevieVTR »

I would recommend Bridgestone 010/012/014 front and an 020 rear. Ran these combos on a few bikes for a few years and they are an excellent compromise of grip and wear. That said just stuck a mates part worn 010 on the back as I had a piece of metal through the rear of my ageing 020 today. The 010 seems to help the bike turn in a bit quicker but i've only done around 30 miles on it so far
.... no more bike, divorce sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!
alan

tyres

Post by alan »

I had dragon evos, well they was on the bike when i got it i didnt like them, just didnt have any confidence in them. So i swapped to pilot powers and instantly felt better and road alot harder they have much more grip.
Alan
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

re: Pilot Power v. Pilot Sports

Well, in anticipation of an organised group blat tomorrow, I have a few fellow Stormers staying at my place tonight, one of whom is a 'tyre guy' on the Gold Coast. Never met him before, so wouldn't have a clue if he knows his stuff or not, but he says they don't make Pilot Sports anymore & that the Pilot Power superceded them, so there you go. Apparently the other companies are now trying to bring out better tyres to regain the market that the Pilot tyres have swiped.