Change of life!!!!!!!

General Biker Banter
alanfjones1411

Re: Change of life!!!!!!!

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Never mind the drop in pay,being happy in your line of work whatever you do is worth more than money.Well done enjoy your change in life. :thumbup:
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Inspirational posts :thumbup:
Jamie :wave:
kenmoore

Post by kenmoore »

I changed jobs 3 weeks ago.

Was travelling to and from work 45 Hrs a month. Took a job in my home town, a bit better pay and less drama.

Same industry, less stress and not responsible for wombles !Have been a manager for over 30 years.

In my new role I don't have to get involved in politics and don't have an opinion.

Get to ride the bikes a lot more and it's blissful not being responsible to a board of directors who wouldn't know if a carrot was up there ass!

I am 58 and just want to finish my time enjoying the industry that I work in and love.

Everyone has a choice, every position has it's downsides.

The missus is finding it different with me being around so much!

I am happy with the decision I have made and am enjoying the anonymity of my new position.

Roll on retirement so I can go surfing and riding bikes whenever I feel like it.
South Coast
New South Wales
Australia
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

Fec. I shouldn't have been reading this.

Really glad for you Brian, great work / life balance ethics.
Now get the sheds finished so you can get more bikes.
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
countrymick

Post by countrymick »

job satisfaction counts for a hell of a lot these days good luck mate :thumbup:
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

countrymick wrote:job satisfaction counts for a hell of a lot these days good luck mate :thumbup:

Is so right :thumbup: ... the feeling you get when you actually enjoy a job compared to busting your balls is worth more then any money..i now work with a bunch of fukwits who happen to be the rulers of this green and pleasant land and not one bit of stress comes my way :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
ChrisC

Post by ChrisC »

Oh there you are, I was wondering where you had got to! ....There is enough stress in this world without going out and looking for it, well done Brian and good on you, I hope the job continues to be "just the job" if you see what I mean.
Drive safe Regards ChrisC
darkember

Post by darkember »

So right to be happy in what one does :thumbup: :thumbup:
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Good on you Brian :thumbup:
Well done!
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Wow - what a topic this turned out to be!!!!!!!

Some inspirational and motivational stuff......

Just to add a bit of meat to the bones of my situation.

In November of last year my body finally gave up as a result of stupid working and huge demands from my employer , plus a crap unwarranted appraisal which took 6 months to get changed, plus some personal stuff and i suppose i just cracked up, which resulted in me being off work for months. During that time i was on quite a few meds regimes, the first few which made me a whole lot worse!!!!! Until we got something that suited, and gradually i started to get better.

My employed didn't help with again unwarranted threats of disciplinary action for allegedly not sending sick notes in, even when i proved i was innocent there was no retraction of the threat.

And then to cap it all the extended sick pay insurer declined my claim, despite my gp signing me off - i am still pursuing them via the financial ombudsman.

So having got back to work with my crap employer, i decided to throw it in for the job who h i love now.

Still on meds, but feeling so much more positive.

A major positive for when i was off was the purchase of Storm 1, and the therapy of getting it apart and making it better, plus all the help i got from here.

Sorry its a ramble guys, but thanks so much.

Brian
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Stick at it Brian, I am sure there are quite a few of us who are just on the right hand side of the same line that you crossed, and know exactly what you are talking about.
AMcQ
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

i'm sure many of us can relate to the issues you've been dealing with mate, i'm really happy that you've changed things for the better, it just dhow's it can be done... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
simon t

Post by simon t »

Well done. If you think you feel good now, give it a year or so and you'll probably feel even better. After we moved to France I reckon it still took another year or more to get rid of all the stored up baggage - anger, resentment etc. Much helped by discovering that the chief exec who'd contributed to my misery had got the heave ho. Apparently the board wanted to know where all the money had gone!

Still have my moments, but I'm much more zen these days. :D