Bike history

General Biker Banter
turbo_billy

Re: Bike history

Post by turbo_billy »

breakerm wrote:How many bikes do some of you lot need??? 8O 8O 8O
Dont NEED any........but WANT lots. :twisted:

Serial bike ownership is a disease with no known cure :wink:

.....and if anyone ever comes close to finding one they WILL be sorry..... :lol:
breakerm

Post by breakerm »

i hear you there mate.. once you are bitten there is no going getting away from it
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

I got back into road bikes in April this year, after a long lay off punctuated with the odd dirt machine. I now have three, the Storm, an R6 and now a Ducati Multistrada. I love them all and couldn't consider getting rid of any of them. My major problem now is storage.....

The Duke has been designated "winter bike" which shows I'm totally fecked in the head. The Storm is in bits in the lounge and the R6 resides in the kitchen keeping warm. It's a disease I tell ya.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
Virt

Post by Virt »

'99 Hornet 600 at 18
'05 Firestorm at 19
'15 V-Strom at 20
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
breakerm

Post by breakerm »

KermitLeFrog wrote:I got back into road bikes in April this year, after a long lay off punctuated with the odd dirt machine. I now have three, the Storm, an R6 and now a Ducati Multistrada. I love them all and couldn't consider getting rid of any of them. My major problem now is storage.....

The Duke has been designated "winter bike" which shows I'm totally fecked in the head. The Storm is in bits in the lounge and the R6 resides in the kitchen keeping warm. It's a disease I tell ya.
how do you lot afford to cost of running 2 and 3 bikes???? you must earn loads if browny points from the misses
breakerm

Post by breakerm »

turbo_billy wrote:
breakerm wrote:How many bikes do some of you lot need??? 8O 8O 8O
Dont NEED any........but WANT lots. :twisted:

Serial bike ownership is a disease with no known cure :wink:

.....and if anyone ever comes close to finding one they WILL be sorry..... :lol:

mate if i won the lottery i would have a garage full of bikes....but wouldnt we all
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

breakerm wrote:how do you lot afford to cost of running 2 and 3 bikes???? you must earn loads if browny points from the misses
It's easy. No misses, no dependants, no debts. Tax and insurance is a small cost. Wear and tear? You can only ride one at a time. Depreciation? Buy cheap second-hand bikes that have depreciated as far as they will go.

If you now have some cash in the bank. What are you going to do with it? Earn 0.5% interest so it goes to someone when you die? If things go tits up you sell a bike (or three). Hopefully they won't and you have the pleasure of saying to yourself, "hmmmm, what shall I ride today?"
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
breakerm

Post by breakerm »

KermitLeFrog wrote:
breakerm wrote:how do you lot afford to cost of running 2 and 3 bikes???? you must earn loads if browny points from the misses
It's easy. No misses, no dependants, no debts. Tax and insurance is a small cost. Wear and tear? You can only ride one at a time. Depreciation? Buy cheap second-hand bikes that have depreciated as far as they will go.

If you now have some cash in the bank. What are you going to do with it? Earn 0.5% interest so it goes to someone when you die? If things go tits up you sell a bike (or three). Hopefully they won't and you have the pleasure of saying to yourself, "hmmmm, what shall I ride today?"
Well i have 3 out of them 3 so im preatty much wombles.....and i also have another hobby that cost a small fortune....fishing...... and not just one type of fishing either..
cheers mate just rub it in a bit more :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

breakerm wrote:Well i have 3 out of them 3 so im preatty much fooked.....and i also have another hobby that cost a small fortune....fishing...... and not just one type of fishing either..
The advantages of getting old. We've all got to do it sometime. It's just that I'm there before you.

Not Carp I hope......?

Carp fishermen are the strangest breed. I could tell you some stories of a mate of mine....
breakerm

Post by breakerm »

KermitLeFrog wrote:
breakerm wrote:Well i have 3 out of them 3 so im preatty much fooked.....and i also have another hobby that cost a small fortune....fishing...... and not just one type of fishing either..
The advantages of getting old. We've all got to do it sometime. It's just that I'm there before you.

Not Carp I hope......?

Carp fishermen are the strangest breed. I could tell you some stories of a mate of mine....
no not pond pigs........ im a Predator angler, PIke , zander, perch and catfish....
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

breakerm wrote:
KermitLeFrog wrote:

Not Carp I hope......?

no not pond pigs........ im a Predator angler, PIke , zander, perch and catfish....
Pond Pigs? I LOVE that!
lockwood1956

Post by lockwood1956 »

1969 BSA starfire
1973 Suzuki GT250
1975 Triumph Bonneville T140 American export model
1963 Norton Atlas (john player special replica)
1973 Triumph Trident (slipppery sam replica)
Yamaha XJ900 (cant remember year I think 1986. added later as memory cleared!!! )
1976 Suzuki GT750
1984 Honda VF750 (only one in existence without cam issues)

Spent formative years as a bike mechanic so had a stream of bikes, some good some bad, most ugly in my possession as we were allowed to ride the part exchanges as a sort of perk until they sold, so for a while I didn't own a bike, just used the shop ones. (Kens motorcycles in Newcastle)

Rode a lot of interesting stuff, but none of them handled well.

Bought the Storm in October this year after buying a Bandit 600 in Early August and quickly deciding it didn't have enough guts. Decent bike, but just a bit too "revvy for me"

If I wanted my nuts tickling like that I would look elsewhere for it. 8O
Last edited by lockwood1956 on Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If at first you don't succeed.....sky diving isn't for you!

http://www.facebook.com/bob.morton.125
Cadbury64

Post by Cadbury64 »

1982 CB125T (two little pistons going nowhere very quickly)
1982 CB250RS (won an economy run on that at 143 mpg!!!)
1983 CB400N (oooh...electric start!)
1983 CBX400F (gorgeous bike)
1984 VF400F (130 mph down a hill!)
1984 VF500F (first proper bike)
1985 VF750F (crashed on my "test" ride, bought the wreck. Cams OK, camchains...not so OK)
1986 VF400F
1986 CBX750F
1987 VFR400R (mini RC30)
1987 VFR700F (US import)
1988 VFR700F
1990 VFR750F (1986)
1995 Suzuki RF900R
2014 VFR800F (1999) still own
2015 VTR1000F (1997) still own

With the exception of the CBX400, VF750, VFR750 and the last two, all were bought new. Children put a kink in my riding/purchasing from 1998!
2017 MT-10SP, 2019 Vespa Primavera 150
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Yamaha T80,
Yamaha RD125LC
Yamaha XS 250
Suzuki RG125 gamma
Suzuki RG250 gamma
Suzuki gszr750 slab side
Honda cbr600FL
Honda cbr400rr tri arm
Honda cbr600rr tri arm
Honda cbr900rrs fox eye blade
Honda vtr1000f black
Honda vtr1000f kermit
Honda vtr1000f piggy
Honda cbr1100xx Granada
Honda xr600r
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

where is the XR600 Lloyde? is that a new toy?
AMcQ