Fork seals help needed

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Lysy

Re: Fork seals help needed

Post by Lysy »

lloydie wrote:Great news .
Did you manage to do it yourself?
Yeah hi. Sorry about the late reply but on Monday my phone decided to go tits up and I had very limited access to the Internet since then. After couple factory resets I managed to get it to work today. Well back to the seals.
What a piece of cake that was... :biggrin

Seriously it took about 4 hrs to do the job but I wasn't rushing at all as it was my first time. First leg (lhs) took quite some time as I was checking every single step in Honda workshop manual and then actually doing it but the rhs leg took about third of a time compering to the lhs, so yeah its done and it's not that difficult at all. I am now playing with rebound in order to get set as I like it.

And yeah Almost forgot

One caliper bolt decided to snap as I was trying to get it up to required torque so had to replace it with non standard one. All 4 look tired so I bought on fleabay set of Ti ones :biggrin
Cadbury64

Post by Cadbury64 »

Well done that man.
2017 MT-10SP, 2019 Vespa Primavera 150
CaryDG

Post by CaryDG »

Hey Mate, I found that if one loosens (just slightly, an impact helps) the bottom bolt before you loosen the caps or relieve the preload, it really helps hold the damper rod from turning. I leave mine cinched in the triple clamps during this procedure as well to help hold them. As has been mentioned heavier springs really help as does a slight increase in oil viscosity. I use 7w giving me just a bit more compression. The other thing that somehow helped in smoothness was SKF seals. They seam to have much less "stiction" . Just a little Yankee input.