Whats cheered you up today...?

General Biker Banter
bigtwinthing

Re: Whats cheered you up today...?

Post by bigtwinthing »

Picked up the new Car Saturday, pomp and ceremony etc from Audi but bugger me you can't fault their level of customer satisfaction.

All done super efficient, with cakes,Girls, smarts dress code etc and the car looked bloody superb. They do treat you very well ( Yes aim paying for it but wow makes you feel 100%)

The car is a revelation. The auto/manual box is brilliantly good and technical but super smooth. I bloody love the option with paddles change.
its so quiet and build quality seems sublime. Seat adjustment is unbelievable with electrics and air adjustment.Lights too were amazing driving home late last night. Auto on/off, dip and main beam and the lights auto adjust for fog and if you are driving down small side roads the lights come on at the edges of the road . Truly wonderful.

It seems amazingly technical and I've glad i have got a full 5 years Warranty. i will post a piccy tomorrow. Just have to pay for it now.

I feel sorry for the guy who cancelled if before it was even made and lost 3K. Ive got top spec and saved a bomb. :D
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Sounds a really nice motor btt [THUMBS UP SIGN].

Had a cracking ride into work this morning . Still dark but dry and only a little foggy .
I really have it large ,the tyres were that hot when I got to work steam was coming off them :-)
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

lloydie wrote:Sounds a really nice motor btt [THUMBS UP SIGN].

Had a cracking ride into work this morning . Still dark but dry and only a little foggy .
I really have it large ,the tyres were that hot when I got to work steam was coming off them :-)

do you mean "Gave it large" or are you boasting! :lol: iam off out at 0800 for a trip too Swanage, Ferry ice cream,good roads, my mini day holiday.
Then out for tea in the new car chauffeured by the wife.(who has said she wont use sport mode or the manual gearbox option)
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Yes gave !.

Have a good ride ,
You mean she won't while your in the car lol
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Here it is. Done 250 miles today, sheer joy. Checked out the modes and suspension settings etc.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Pimped up motor [THUMBS UP SIGN]
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

lloydie wrote:Pimped up motor [THUMBS UP SIGN]

what a joy its going to be to drive the Van tomorrow.
:thumbdown:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Yeah, I got that.
Just bought seriously good waterproof boots and it ain't gonna rain.

Kinell
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

tony.mon wrote:Yeah, I got that.
Just bought seriously good waterproof boots and it ain't gonna rain.

Kinell
Go for a paddle in the river :-)
Hellboy12345

Post by Hellboy12345 »

Well wots cheered me up today is . I meet 2 stomers off here kev & Steve very nice blokes meet them at bridge north cafe then went for a ride to Worcester Mac Donalds thanks guys made my week that has cheers :thumbup:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Hellboy12345 wrote:Well wots cheered me up today is . I meet 2 stomers off here kev & Steve very nice blokes meet them at bridge north cafe then went for a ride to Worcester Mac Donalds thanks guys made my week that has cheers :thumbup:
Of all the Stormers in the UK you had to meet that pair of Tw*ts... :wink:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

MacV2 wrote:
Hellboy12345 wrote:Well wots cheered me up today is . I meet 2 stomers off here kev & Steve very nice blokes meet them at bridge north cafe then went for a ride to Worcester Mac Donalds thanks guys made my week that has cheers :thumbup:
Of all the Stormers in the UK you had to meet that pair of Tw*ts... :wink:
This made me chuckle fooking hard :lol: :lol: Nothing better than meeting and going for a spin with fellow bike geeks :clap: :thumbup:

What's cheered me up today?

Well, up until now I'd had a sh1te day, labouring on a large construction site for peanuts here in beautiful New Zealand.

BUUUUUT....

I've always wanted to work with my dad in the UK, he is a carpenter, boat builder and artist. A very bloody good craftsman, so good he makes Jesus look like a bodge up cowboy. I've always been worried about telling him how much I'd like to work with him incase he wasn't as keen as me on the idea.

He has now gone down to three days a week at the college he works at, which means he can focus on his Art, wood work projects and enjoying life a little. So I figured it was time to tell him how I feel about wanting to work together. I'm a self employed plumbing & heating engineer and I hate it, but at least I have the flexibility of being self employed and able to change direction with fluidity.

So I flicked him an email...

Well by christ, he has emailed me back saying "I've always wanted you to work with me & had dreams of you joining me when I had my boat building business, but I wanted you to find your own way and choose your path without distraction. I would love to teach you the more intricate side of wood work & I have lot's of ideas for projects we can complete together"

I'm freaking pumped. What an exciting idea, I can't wait to see more of my dad when I return to the UK. I have realised how little I have seen him in the past 15 years and I wish I had plucked up the courage to tell him how I'd like us to work together sooner.

I now have something to look forward to, I'm really chuffed.

Not sure why I've shared all this on here, but the question "what's cheered you up today" couldn't be more fitting :) :) :) :thumbup:
Jamie :wave:
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Congratulations jamie :thumbup: maybe it was just time to send him that email and if sent before it may not have worked? Who knows. It all happens for a reason.

But I have to disagree. ......

Surely coming back to see us lot was something to look forward to? :lol: Enjoy the rest of your time out there mate :thumbup:

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Nice one Jamie ,
Hope it works out better for you and your dad than it did with me and mine .
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Jamie,
just reading your story has also made my day.

as a Dad who just took the last daughter off to Uni yesterday, it has a feeling of the end of parenthood, but your story is a great message that parents will always bee an inspiration for their kids.

Thank you for that
AMcQ