what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
lloydie

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by lloydie »

Took kermit out for a good run , had a great ride with ck and he now has joined the knee down club :thumbup: .
I really don't know why I'm selling it as its a great bike :Ball Kick:

Lube, no lube, it's your choice .
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Replaced the fluid on the clutch and brake lines, balanced the carbs (well Mac did) and looked at loads of Firestorms :thumbup:
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

lloydie wrote:Took kermit out for a good run , had a great ride with ck and he now has joined the knee down club :thumbup: .
I really don't know why I'm selling it as its a great bike :Ball Kick:

I'm hoping the ride today has changed your mind. You'd be fricking daft to sell it.

Yeah I've finally joined the club :biggrin

ImageImage
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Sorry not changed my mind , tho I do love kermit ,

Mike TW9

Post by Mike TW9 »

Went to GrainStorm and did nowt but chat, eat and drink coffee.

But later on I washed the bike down and made a bit of progress with fixing my seat bag on in preparation for a trip to France and Spain in a couple of weeks. I also ordered a new rear tyre - Dunlop Roadsmart 2 (thanks for the advice Tony).

And last week I finally got round to sorting out my sticky indicator switch (it was taking ages for them to come on sometimes). Not difficult- just take it apart squirt with contact cleaner, re-lube with vaseline and sorted. Only I forgot to reconnect the mysterious wires that connect to the switch gear- not too sure what they do, but thanks Mac for spotting it.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Mike TW9 wrote:Went to GrainStorm and did nowt but chat, eat and drink coffee.

But later on I washed the bike down and made a bit of progress with fixing my seat bag on in preparation for a trip to France and Spain in a couple of weeks. I also ordered a new rear tyre - Dunlop Roadsmart 2 (thanks for the advice Tony).

And last week I finally got round to sorting out my sticky indicator switch (it was taking ages for them to come on sometimes). Not difficult- just take it apart squirt with contact cleaner, re-lube with vaseline and sorted. Only I forgot to reconnect the mysterious wires that connect to the switch gear- not too sure what they do, but thanks Mac for spotting it.
They are the wires that override the sidestand cutout for the ignition.
If the sidestand is down, the starter will only operate if the neutral light is lit up. But if you pull in the clutch it will, and that's the switch that tells the bike when you have the clutch pulled in.

Incidentally, it's the same switch as the brake switch on the other handlebar, but fitted upside down.
If your brake light switch fails miles from home you can swap them over.

It's a useful MOT failure fix.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

Took the calipers off the front, can't get them to bleed so will have to strip them. Replaced the master cylinder pistons/seals on front and rear, put my rear wheel back in after changing the shock out. For anyone struggling with the Storm linkages it may be some consolation that the TRX one is a mother-f****r also.
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

Went on the "normal" local ride to finish dialing in the suspension and scrub in the new tires, everything is working really good now :thumbup:

Then as I pulled into my garage this happened:

Not a bad day all in all :beer:
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

8541Hawk wrote:

Happy 100000th Hawks Storm !... :Birthday:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

took me two hours to fill and bleed thru some new clutch fluid, it was my fault tho, as I drained the clutch line and reservoir first, when I should have soaked up the fluid in the reservoir and then added the fresh stuff and bleed it thru, lesson learnt....doh!!!
I also fitted some new front indi's to my mates silver bike and gave it a good compound and polish.
I tried to fit some vinyl numberboards over the painted on purple number boards, but the size wasn't correct, I think I might try my hand at a rattle can paint job on the rear end.
the bikes coming along really well, although I might have killed the chain or front sprocket, when I tightened the chain to much, this was a couple of months ago, I didn't realise that carl and myself hadn't looped the chain around the lhs end can/linkpipe, so when I went to tighten it up I didn't realise until it was too late, not sure if I've killed the chain, sprockets or both....double doh!
I need to remove the rear wheel anyways, as I need to fit the new cush drive rubbers, so i'll remove the front sprocket cover as well, give it all a clean and see if I can spot any damage, it sounds really bad when I took it round the block.... :(
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Looking good marty :thumbup: you getting good at this tinkering business
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Ckennedy wrote:Looking good marty :thumbup: you getting good at this tinkering business
2 Hours to bleed a clutch...You sure CK... :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

As sure as I can be from over 100 miles away lol.

I too had fun bleeding today. It was my rear brake. What a pain in the elbow! Only 3 hours ish,different brake line and master cylinder and a lot of magic/luck later it bled up :biggrin

Downside is it still feels "spongy" no air in there I think it's the master cylinder not displacing enough fluid. But it's the right on for the bike :confused:
kev64

Post by kev64 »

Yet another carb swap :lol:
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

MacV2 wrote:
8541Hawk wrote:

Happy 100000th Hawks Storm !... :Birthday:
Absolute quality!!!!
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!