Airhawk

General Biker Banter
simon t

Airhawk

Post by simon t »

Anyone had experience of Airhawk seat cushion. Looking at this not just for numb elbow, but also to give another inch or so of legroom, as my knees are getting increasingly knackered.

They're retailing at around £170, 8O which seems an awful lot of money for a cushion. Thinking maybe a camping cushion from Decathlon for a fiver instead :lol:
MacV2

Re: Airhawk

Post by MacV2 »

simon t wrote:Anyone had experience of Airhawk seat cushion. Looking at this not just for numb elbow, but also to give another inch or so of legroom, as my knees are getting increasingly knackered.

They're retailing at around £170, 8O which seems an awful lot of money for a cushion. Thinking maybe a camping cushion from Decathlon for a fiver instead :lol:
Or a pile cushion & some gaffa tape... :lol: :lol:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=pile+ ... Pn6VI-HN8O

I recovered one of my seats & put a layer of memory foam in jacking it up a bit...Bought the new cover material off the Bay, staples I had, foam I had...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
rmh

Post by rmh »

I bought an Airhawk last year... was skeptical - but needed to improve the comfort on the KTM950 Supermoto for a long weekend of about 1000 miles ....

Before I struggled after 100 miles and was grateful for a fuel break.... and knackered by the end of a day (250 miles)

I found it needs some fiddling to get it inflated just right (less air than you would think ..otherwise it moves too much .) and then really helped

- at the end of last year I had a spare day and set off towards Wales ..... 600 miles later - and starting to get dark I got home ... oops....stopping only for Petrol / Coffee and a quick lunch ...could plot on map based on Fuel stations on Credit card 8O

As well as helping on the seat comfort I also found it strangely helped my body position so I had less back ache as well

Suits me as I can swap between bikes and remove for a standard look on short blasts....

If you can find someone local with one its worth trying first as it only takes 5 mins to fit / remove - I`m based in Swindon....if its close ??

Rob
Rob Hunter

VTR1000 '99 / BMW S1000XR - 2016
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

''If you can find someone local with one its worth trying first as it only takes 5 mins to fit / remove - I`m based in Swindon....if its close ??

Rob ''

Few miles Rob...Simon is in Chauvac, South of France...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
darkember

Post by darkember »

170 for a cushion bloody hell. Add another 130 and get a full Corbin seat made
rmh

Post by rmh »

I looked at the Corbin seats but made to order and were about a six week wait .... I was not organised enough and needed it in around a week.

I thought it was expensive but after some research took the plunge and it is very well made and should last.... At a cheaper price they would see more in my opinion...

Rob
Rob Hunter

VTR1000 '99 / BMW S1000XR - 2016
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

contact alastair else of elsemade upholstery
iirc his comfort seat comes in about £140ish, for that you'll get memory foam and gel inserts, and the choice of fabrics and designs/colours.
http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 16&t=28719
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

must be different seats on firestorms? my early bike the seat would cut the butt of you. my mates 05 storm with the same miles on it the seat is so much comfier and seems softer and its never been touched?
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

I had one. It is definitely improvement, but only for long trips. If you are sportive rider and do some movement on the seat, it feels dull.

The biggest change in comfort was change of rear shock, it does wonders. Only proper way how to sort angle of legs is adjustable rearset. Alternative is chinese adjustable pegs, or I think about lower non-adjustable pegs, it could help.

Raising the rear by few mm also help, but it moves you body forward a little, so it is trade off in comfort.

original peg vs lower peg