hi everyone :)

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
eerie

hi everyone :)

Post by eerie »

hello from spain

I'm new here and new to the vtr1000 too. I just bought mine a week ago and I'm quite happy with it. it's a 1997, yellow with 23000 kms done (don't know how many miles are that sorry). I always liked twins and the firestorm has been in my want list since I got my license. I recently sold my previous bike and I found this one for a good price so I went for it. so far so good, though I have to admit that I was happier some days ago when I didn't know anything about CCT's! now after all the reading I know more than I wanted  :lol: but it's ok, I'll have to deal with it and do the swap for manuals. mine haven't failed but I'm not too confident riding the bike now knowing it's such a common issue. I've read carl's tutorial several times but I don't know if I should tell my mechanic or just go and do it myself with some friends' help. I'm afraid to have something messed up before almost having enjoyed my new ride that, by the way, is running PERFECT now. well, will let you know and ask a few things in days to come..

apart from the CCT's the only problem I found with the bike is the non-existing sound with stock cans. I have a pair of mufflers from my previous twin and my idea is to adapt them to the firestorm or find another pair ASAP. will keep you informed    8)  that's my firestorm

I'll post the bikes I've had til now, so you know me a little better..

this was my first bike, I still have it and my plans are to keep it forever (I know it will last). a lovely little vtr250. lots and lots of miles with her and never let me down, always forgiving and always there, never a cough or a bad face, and so fun! bought it all stock and now it's transformed into.. well, my bike :mrgreen:

I liked the little vtwin so after the vtr I went for another. a yellow (=faster) sv650s. pretty good bike, and sounded gorgeous with the devil high mount can

after the sv I wanted to try something different so I looked for another bike I always liked, a 955i speed triple

but I was missing a twin heartbeat again and after selling the triumph I got myself a yamaha trx850. another good bike, oil thirsty but good handling and sounded great with laser cans. that's the bike I sold last month to get my firestorm

and the last one is another v2 but quite different... my friend and I got a couple of RGV's for a good price and we are setting them up for track use only, hopefully after the winter they'll be ready. mine is a stock rgv250 but my friend's has a honda xr600 engine inside as he loves the supermonos. we didn't ride them yet but it shouldn't take long :D 

now hope the firestorm gives me such good moments as all the others. I'll let you know how it goes :wave:
THE ACTION IS GO!
AMCQ46

Re: hi everyone :)

Post by AMCQ46 »

welcome to the club. the RGV's look like a great project too :thumbup:
AMcQ
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Welcome to the club. The RGV looks fun.
:thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Nice intro and some nice bikes there. The VTR250 is a rare one. Welcome to the forum :beer:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Watty

Post by Watty »

Welcome to the club mate, nice range of lovely bikes there :thumbup: . Oh and 23, 000 kms is around 14, 000 miles so shes a nice low miler. Looks very nice apart from being custard :lol:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

welcome aboard mate. loving the sunny photos :thumbup: (its been raining here :sad2 )
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
macdee

Post by macdee »

yellow and welcome to the club
told you not to but oh no you knew better
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Welcome aboard buddy
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Hello and welcome :thumbup:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

welcome to the forum buddy.... :wave:
where abouts in spain are you?
donde vives en espana?
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
eerie

Post by eerie »

Hi, thanks for the warm welcome
agentpineapple wrote:welcome to the forum buddy.... :wave:
donde vives en espana?
I am from Jerez (south spain) but I've been living in Valencia for almost six years now. And yes I tried both circuits and although valencia is fine you have to love jerez speedway, it has a great track design :)
THE ACTION IS GO!
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Welcome along :wave: :thumbup:

Jamie
Jamie :wave:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

eerie wrote:Hi, thanks for the warm welcome
donde vives en espana?
I am from Jerez (south spain) but I've been living in Valencia for almost six years now. And yes I tried both circuits and although valencia is fine you have to love jerez speedway, it has a great track design :)
so do you speak valenciano?
I have a place in catalunya on the border of arragon, about an hour from motorland arragon. great weather for bikes.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
eerie

Post by eerie »

agentpineapple wrote:
eerie wrote:Hi, thanks for the warm welcome
donde vives en espana?
so do you speak valenciano?
I have a place in catalunya on the border of arragon, about an hour from motorland arragon. great weather for bikes.... :thumbup:
no, I don't speak valenciano agentpineapple! I was born in andalucia and there we only speak spanish. anyway a lot of people born in valencia don't speak valenciano either.. I've been to motorland, aragon, a couple of years but just to see the gp races.

indeed we have a great weather for bikes in this part of spain. in the north is different but all the coast and middle/south area of spain is good. almost no rain, not too cold. we can go out most of the weekends even in winter so we are lucky regarding that. anyway summers are hot, sometimes too much to go riding around. how does the vtr deal with high temps? I'm afraid she doesn't like summers too much, does she? heheh
THE ACTION IS GO!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

my bikes in the uk, I hope to get it out to spain in the new year, as long as the sun is shining it's warm enough to ride in winter, if ever you go up the coast towards salou or tortosa let me know buddy, i'm near mora la nova/mora d'ebre............ :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!