Erratic performance 5,000 rpm

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Bluefox

Re: Erratic performance 5,000 rpm

Post by Bluefox »

No sirch mate,
Double checked 180 out issue (just incase) but that was ok,
gave the carbs one last go ,cleadned them out as best as i could,
set TPS (full adjustment without having to drill out brought it into spec....happy days),
bunged in a new air cleaner.
Unfortunatly fault is still there,incase you cant remember,it basically rides like its out of balance/fuel starvation when cruising)
Sadly its at the point i'm just hoping this thread will eventually be of some use to someone else,cause sadly there's no way i can
use this bike & enjoy it next season,looks like i'm gonna have to look into p/exing the old girl.
Last ditch attempt may be to either stick some other carbs on or invest in some new diaphrams (yes i have checked em,but cant see anything),
anyway i will post with any news good or bad,
thanks for all your help over the past years aswell
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Petcock maybe. Just a wild guess. I don't want to read through this whole thread so when you say eratic, can you be more descriptive.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Bluefox wrote:No sirch mate,
Double checked 180 out issue (just incase) but that was ok,
gave the carbs one last go ,cleadned them out as best as i could,
set TPS (full adjustment without having to drill out brought it into spec....happy days),
bunged in a new air cleaner.
Unfortunatly fault is still there,incase you cant remember,it basically rides like its out of balance/fuel starvation when cruising)
Sadly its at the point i'm just hoping this thread will eventually be of some use to someone else,cause sadly there's no way i can
use this bike & enjoy it next season,looks like i'm gonna have to look into p/exing the old girl.
Last ditch attempt may be to either stick some other carbs on or invest in some new diaphrams (yes i have checked em,but cant see anything),
anyway i will post with any news good or bad,
thanks for all your help over the past years aswell
Bluefox, I'm sorry to hear no luck yet.

Re: 180* out issue:- Did you follow our procedure (which has been proven to be correct many times over) for checking the valve timing, or follow the Haynes manual?

I would carry out Cybercarl's suggestion if you've not already, if it turns out not to be that, then I would suggest you start a new thread of your own. Detail how this problem started, or when you started noticing it, may be you carried out some work on the bike :?: Also write down everything you've tried so far.

By starting a new thread I'm hoping you will generate more activity, people don't always have the time to read through 5 or 6 pages to get here.
I appreciate your way of thinking in keeping things together for future references by others, but there's noting stopping us adding a link to this thread at a later date.

Chris.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

:thumbup:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside