cam spec question. moriwaki. webcam.

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Jscobey

cam spec question. moriwaki. webcam.

Post by Jscobey »

Anyone know the specs on stage 2 moriwaki cams?

Just purchased a set of stock cams that have had the hardweld treatment from WebCams. Now I know that they will do custom applications as in you give them specs and they will make it for you.

They do have a "standard" grind/weld on their website which is number 125/109. Roger D and I were talking about it and he says its in between STG1 and STG2 and is fairly top end oriented which is just what I'm looking for on the track bike.

Now the previous owner of the cams wasn't exactly sure what they were as he didn't have them made. They are all stamped WebCams though. The measurements of the lobes were about 1.55 inches for the exhaust cams and 1.56 inches for the intake. He only measured one base circle and said it was 1.1 inches so that's a lift of about .45 or 11.5 mm. He also sent me the valve springs as I know the "standard" web cams grind requires springs

Now I have yet to get my hands on them so when I do I'll know a little more. These are going in with a set of JE high compression pistons as well as velocity stacks and a hindle full system with ample dyno tuning to suit.

I have seen the stg 2 moriwaki specs either on here or across the pond but can't find them anymore but would love to see what they are.
High Hindles.SP1frontend.SP2&900rrwheel.Ohlins.SAbrace&spools.AllBalls.jetkit.JE 11.5:1 Pistns.Stg 1 Cams. HPowerstacks.HRCthrtl.SSlines.RadMC.WveRtr.LtWtFlywhl.LEDtail.mosfet.MCCT.DePair.Tailtidy.DM rrsets.Lower.Carbonadis.hugger.sliders.
VTRDark

Re: cam spec question. moriwaki. webcam.

Post by VTRDark »

If only it was that simple......otherwise you'd have all the cam manufactures copying each others grinds. There's a reason they give an advertised duration.

I have the following grabbed from over the pond so how accurate it is I would say is questionable.

Moriwaki Stage II cams
IN lift .453 EX .413
duration @ .040 IN 271 - EX 256

Your best bet is to speak to Roger

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside