CCT Replacment

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
monaro427

Re: CCT Replacment

Post by monaro427 »

Geez just had my heart in my throat, putting the small 10mm bolt back on the side of the cam chain cover thingee and i dropped it :sad2 , was on a mission to find a touch to see if i could see it, it was on the front cylinder which might of been a bit of luck on my side, so i shined the torch down the cam chain couldn,t see it startin to panic a wee bit then just caught a glimpse of it sitting on a small ledge about half way down, dam i said but still had nothing to retrieve it so had so shoot down to the local auto shop and buy one of those magnet pens, got home torch in hand magnet in other slowly does it and and yes got it :Rock:
Hairy biker

Post by Hairy biker »

:clap: :lol: :clap:
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Lucky you wernt retrieving that from the sump :eek2 Shove a bit of rag down there first if removing it again for any reason. Better to be safe than sorry.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
monaro427

Post by monaro427 »

Well i did post earlier but have now edited it cos i got it sorted. It Starts runs sounds good, :Beer1: just got the rest of the fairing to put back on and all done, is there anything to watch out for now that the manuals are in, i have used thread lokka on the manuals so hopefully they stay put will just keep an eye on them. Happy as, will be back on me :Bike: soon
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Good work :clap: :clap: You should be fine now until you next valve adjustment where it's likely the tensioners will be loosened off anyway, so make that your re-adjustment time. Good to hear you used some threadlock, it's the rear tensioner that can weep oil slightly if not used. So just keep an eye on that otherwise get out there, ride it and enjoy. Note the engine will have a different tone to it with MCCT's, a slight rattle when cold is normal and should dissipate as it warms up to full working temp. :thumbup:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
monaro427

Post by monaro427 »

Just wanting to know, when i put my bike bike together from doing the CCt's i noticed that i am only using one throttle cable, is that alright or should i have two there, it has the second outer there for it? :confused
Virt

Post by Virt »

Originally the bike has two, although some people remove the return throttle cable for a lighter, snappier throttle.

Did it to mine with lloydie, huge difference

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
monaro427

Post by monaro427 »

Cheers, had no problem with it before so why fix something that works well :D