what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
tony.mon

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by tony.mon »

I had a 24" tv on the pillion once when I was a despatch rider in London.
Old CRT type. weighed a ton. Wheelies every time I pulled away!
Held on (just about) by bungee straps. Got there, though.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Now that's impressive :clap: I bet you had to watch that one. :lol:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Bananaman

Post by Bananaman »

Made up a proper bracket for the rear tank mount, used rubber mounts to raise the front 20mm, sorted the headlight wiring at last :oops: , and went for a quick blast :thumbup:
Four wheels move the body,
Two wheels move the soul.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

found a location for the fuel pump . wired in a plug to the live on the rear brake wire and earth to the sub frame .
sorted out the routing for the fuel line and inline filter ,
just waiting on the pump to turn up now so i can put it all back together and test it .
budd

Post by budd »

fitted a new no plate
old one

new one

I know it's not legal but I think it looks better so what thew hell, whether it attract the wrong kind of attention remains to ne seen :D
I've now gone all European and bought a KTM Superduke GT and Aprilia RSV1000R :D ,
Storm is now gone :cry: .
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Today I totally stripped down my bike into a pile of parts. Rear end, front end stripped and off, frame off and everything degreased and washed. I was lucky with the frame bolts and no hassle there. Everything came apart easily :D Paint is turning up tomorrow, so I have a bit of rubbing down to key surfaces and then give them all a wipe down with some IPA and it's paint time.

I'm painting the frame, fork lowers, swingarm, subframe, cam covers and clutch and generator cover, front fairing stay, shock spring may get a quick once over, pretty much everything I possibly can...well, until I run out of paint.

Engine is going to have a good degrease and clean too while it''s all apart. When I put it back together I shall use a new wiring loom as I don't want the alarm anymore and CBA stripping apart the current loom. Obviously everything will be checked and re-greased on the rebuild.

This is the paint I'm using and I plan to do it all by brush in Black satin finish.
http://www.rust.co.uk/products/category ... sis-paint/

lanny

Post by lanny »

Be good to see the result, have you seen it on something for real ? If not It may be worth testing it on a scrap part first. :thumbup: .
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

lanny wrote:Be good to see the result, have you seen it on something for real ? If not It may be worth testing it on a scrap part first. :thumbup: .
He is...''the frame, fork lowers, swingarm, subframe, cam covers and clutch and generator cover, front fairing stay, shock spring '' :wink:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

MacV2 wrote:
lanny wrote:Be good to see the result, have you seen it on something for real ? If not It may be worth testing it on a scrap part first. :thumbup: .
He is...''the frame, fork lowers, swingarm, subframe, cam covers and clutch and generator cover, front fairing stay, shock spring '' :wink:
:lol: :lol:

You went for it today then Carlos!

How come you wiped the bike down with Indian Pale Ale?

Jamie :wave:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

IPA = isopropyl alcohol jamie :wink:

Lanny no I have not seen it in the flesh but it gets great reviews ie classic car magazine and on forums, mostly car restoration. Being a two pack it should be strong and durable and I like the fact it keeps a bit of flex. Not a bad idea trying it on a scrap part first but Mac is right so I'm just going to go for it while the weather is good (No garage or shelter for me :( ) I don't think it will look that bad and it can''t be any worse than what I have now. I'm not worried about the finish using a a brush, I'm an ex decorator and know how to paint. I have about an hour open time with this stuff once mixed so plenty of time to work with it, not that I want to keep going back over it once It's applied.

chric

Post by chric »

Just buy another storm carl there cheap enough
Ill never be a sell out storm forever
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I know it's crazy isn't it. That's why I don't intend on selling mine so may as well fix it up the way I want. Once the engine and all the guts of the bike are done (clean, painted etc) I can then concentrate on the bodywork and ancillaries.

bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Fitted my new number plate and indicators just inside the High level cans, i did have an R6 tail unit to try but didn't like it, the number plate would have been too low and it isn't "Honda" :lol: Pleased with the indy,s though and a slightly smaller number plate. Straight plate down here get you 3 points and a fine!!!!
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
Bananaman

Post by Bananaman »

had an amazing ride back from college, ever had one of those times where everything just comes together :biggrin beautiful weather, very little traffic and what there was was just in the right position to overtake without slowing, stunning roads, and the Blue Banana on song! :biggrin :biggrin :biggrin :biggrin

bit of a change from earlier, had an exam at 915 n after dropping kids at school got to the bike with 35min to go, college is a 30 min ride :thumbup: gear on,key in, AARRGH!! dead battery! :wtf: :thumbdown: panic.
jump leads in shed, mad dash, bonnet up on car, ARRGH! clamps wont fit on bike :cry: trying not to run round in little circles swearing finally get earth clamp on n have to hold the positive on the batt terminal while hitting the starter 8O started first pop yay! :thumbup: throw leads in car, seat back on n by this time 25 min to go :eek2

fastest time ever :lol: make it with 5 min to spare :clap: :beer:

just fitted this little gem!

and pics of yesterdays efforts just for AP!
Four wheels move the body,
Two wheels move the soul.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

like the USB clock, where did you get that?
AMcQ