France trip 28th May - 3rd June 2014

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

Jamoi

France trip 28th May - 3rd June 2014

Post by Jamoi »

Hi chaps, i'll be motorcycling abroad for the first time ever! Signed up to a bike trip which is organised by a local Yamaha dealer http://www.tkcope.com/info.asp?motorcycle=news

There are limited spaces left, so it's possible to join in if you like the look of it.

I've done a lot of travelling and cycling in Europe but never motorcycling, if anyone has any tips or nuggets of advice, i'll gladly read them :)

It works out very good value, as I payed early, saving a substantial amount. Also if you are willing to share a room, it becomes cheaper still.

But here are the details:

TK Cope Ltd Yamaha Motorcycles

We have many day time sights to view planned into our trip.

Wednesday 28th May - Depart at 18:50 on the Euro Tunnel to France so no need to take a day off. Our hotel for the night, is close to the tunnel so a relaxed first evening, with breakfast included.

Thursday 29th May – Ride to Bourges taking in some of the WW1 sites approx 285 miles.

Friday 30th May – Ride to the historic town of Rodez taking in some of the Central Massif’s roads and the incredible Millau Bridge, we stay at the Rodez centre for the night. Approx 245 miles.

Saturday 31st May – Ride the superb roads of Provence to Gorges du Verdon where we have a lovely hotel,Auberge des Salles, that is situated right by the lake for this evening’s stay and breakfast included. Approx 230 miles.

Sunday 1st June – Ride the Route Napoleon to Annecy where we have a superb hotel booked the Annecy Centre Vielle Ville with breakfast included. Approx 220 miles.

Monday 2nd June – Ride the mountain passes through Chaumont and to Saint Dizier where we stay at the beautiful Saint Dizier hotel with breakfast included. Approx 225 miles.

Tuesday 3rd June – Ride home for afternoon crossing at Calais. This is a quick, straight forward ride to catch our afternoon train. Approx 320 miles.

Price for this trip and shared accommodation is ?425. Single room supplement is 35 per person per night.

As always there is van back up to carry light spares as well as your luggage so you can just enjoy the ride! Limited to 24 spaces, don’t miss out!
Jamie :wave:
Tam Cunningham

Re: France trip 28th May - 3rd June 2014

Post by Tam Cunningham »

Take plenty fuel money :thumbup:
darkember

Post by darkember »

Make sure the van also has fuel as on Sundays many of the stations may be closed.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

and spondoolies for on-the-spot fines and watch for average speed stuff between tolls. Take plenty of decent cheddar cheese...
Tam Cunningham wrote:Take plenty fuel money :thumbup:
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Cheers lads, i'll have to up the pace over the other lads... it'll give me time to keep refuelling :lol:

I'm looking forward to the raclette Wicky!
darkember

Post by darkember »

Jamoi wrote:Cheers lads, i'll have to up the pace over the other lads... it'll give me time to keep refuelling :lol:

I'm looking forward to the raclette Wicky!
Wrong country Raclette is Swiss. Frogs legs & snails is the way to go :lol:
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Frogs legs= yum! Snails= erryuukk!

I've gorged on Raclette many a time in France, despite it originating in Switzerland 8)
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

Jamoi wrote:Frogs legs= yum! Snails= erryuukk!

I've gorged on Raclette many a time in France, despite it originating in Switzerland 8)

if you eat the cheddar like that I suppose it would be "cheddar gorge" ?
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
darkember

Post by darkember »

One delicacy you may not have tried is called "andouillet" give them a go really tasty :thumbup: