TOP YOKE

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
VTRDark

Re: TOP YOKE

Post by VTRDark »

I have put an order in with him in the past when i started my fireblade conversion, the guy was a complete knob and i ended up cancelling my order.
Which firm was that from?

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Serlant

Post by Serlant »

was the cool n comfy yoke guys, i ordered the 929 top yoke with black anadosing "stealth" or whatever these guys
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

That's disappointing considering they have a nice inviting website. :(

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
kturvy

Post by kturvy »

Renthals on a new top yolk is definatly the way forward!
macdee

Post by macdee »

kturvy wrote:Renthals on a new top yolk is definatly the way forward!
where did you get the top yoke
told you not to but oh no you knew better
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

rode the bike today with a new Cool N Comfy yoke, renthals and new white Hel brake cables, minimal faring cutting, and "wow' what a difference to ride. I cant belive i tried the Genmar jobs, these are superb.

ive done 300 miles today and no back ache, or wrists, so well worth it. It looks very good too.
only thing iam not too keen on is the forks come out through the yoke about 1.5 inches, apart from that superb mod. :biggrin
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

Serlant wrote:I have put an order in with him in the past when i started my fireblade conversion, the guy was a complete knob and i ended up cancelling my order.
5 Mar 2012
me:
Hello, I have recently purchased some top yokes from you on wednesday 1st of march order tracking number 250, I just wondered if there was any way I could see the status of the delivery, like wether its been shipped or not even made yet? it still shows new order on the link provided in the email. Many thanks, James.

15 Mar 2012
Hello, I ordered a CBR954 top yoke on 29th of febuary, and it has not arrived yet, i am wondering if this has shipped yet or and if there is any way of tracking it? as it has now been over 2 weeks. Thanks, James.

his reply
"Your order will go tomorrow just back logged and the anodisers are the same"

my reply 20th march
"> Hello, i have ordered a top yoke for a CBR900, tracking number 250, and
> told it would be shipped on Friday, it has now been 3 weeks since I ordered
> and this item has not arrived. is there any way I can track the item if it
> has been posted, thanks.
"
his reply:

"Hi James,

We are working through all current orders and getting the parts sent out as fast as possible. Your order is inline for sending thsi week and we will let you know the tracking number when it is shipped. Due to the start of the race/road and motocross seasons and easter approaching fast everybody has the same idea and orders in March. We are working on getting all orders finished and despatched by friday this week.

We cannot make the anodiser who finishes our parts in the stealth black colour work faster and they are under the same pressure as they do all the work for renthal who again are incredibly busy due to season starts.

In winter these parts sit on our shelves waiting for customers but no one buys the parts when the weather is bad, everyone waits and then there is the usual mad rush.

I will send you your tracking number when this yoke leaves our shop, we are the only manufacturer of these yokes who offer the black stealth colour and use the 38mm billet, all european suppliers only offer silver and 20mm billet. We are also nearly £50 cheaper than the competition, these are probably the reasons why we are always very busy when other companies are struggling.

Your order will be with you very shortly
matt"

My reply
Hello, matt, I understand that you are very busy down there and sorry if this comes across as nasty, but this method of treating orders borders on taking the piss, I ordered it on 29th expecting it to be 5-7 days possibly 2 or 3 more as its busy season, fast forward 2 weeks and it hasn't shipped, you've stated the anodisers are back logged and it will go out friday quote"Your order will go tomorrow just back logged and the anodisers are the same" this was the 16th it is now the 20th and you state again that the anodisers are backlogged, hopefully it will be out this week, hopefully by friday? so that will be 4 weeks before I even have the item. this just seems rediculious. I planned everything in advance so I would have the top yoke to put on the bike for when the mot is due which was the 18th but i did not expect it to take 3-4 weeks to get here. and so my bike is now off the road until it arrives. Thanks, James.

matt:
Can't make things go faster than they go. If your not happy Cancel it. I'm sorry about the delay but happy I'm too busy"

my reply
"No I do not like the terrible service that has been provided, so I want a Full refund as I do not want this item after being treated so poorly. I will take my Business elsewhere."

matt:
"Ok, prepare to spend a fortune and wait another 4 to 6 weeks"
next email from him:
Steve,

Don't send order 250 today, it has been cancelled. Can you hold it until Monday so I can check who to send it to."
at this point I got my money back, spent 25 quid on a 929 top yoke drilled it and fitted some 10 quid billet risers and its been fine ever since. my last contact with him was 27th of febuary when I got my refund.
"James,

Your refund went to admin on Monday as advised to be processed so it will show on your bank statement in the next few days. Trading standards? You cancelled an order after agreeing to our terms we are just refunding you and are happy to do so.

We hope you have luck locating a kit ASAP as it seems spring/summer is upon us."

then he sent me a second email on the same day
"Did you get sorted with a kit in black? I know all our orders are upto date now. The guy that got your yoke was very happy with the quick delivery."

which was just pure spite on his part.
I like the look of them, but after that story there's no way "Matt" would be getting my hard-earned dosh!
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
oorwullie43

Post by oorwullie43 »

bigtwinthing wrote:rode the bike today with a new Cool N Comfy yoke, renthals and new white Hel brake cables, minimal faring cutting, and "wow' what a difference to ride. I cant belive i tried the Genmar jobs, these are superb.

ive done 300 miles today and no back ache, or wrists, so well worth it. It looks very good too.
only thing iam not too keen on is the forks come out through the yoke about 1.5 inches, apart from that superb mod. :biggrin

I ordered clamps and bars from this company a month ago, clamps turned up after 2 weeks, after a phone call to remind them! I'm still waiting for the bars, after calling them every other day for the last couple of weeks! Excuses so far have been the usual, mix ups, been on hols, they are out, will be with you tomorrow! So I'm a bit fed up of waiting, I could have walked to the factory and picked them up by now! It's now holding the job up. If I had read the report before I ordered I would only have got the clamps as I already had the top yoke. But I'm pleased you like the conversion :D Hope mine is as good when the bars turn up! 8O
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

I ordered my kit from Moore Speed racing in Poole after having a look around there place with kind permission from Colin Moore. Great bloke and a great place with loads of different bikes under the knife so to speak.
He had a storm in with the bars fitted so i went and tried it, i was hooked and paid my deposit there and then.
now all fitted and so happy with he mod.HEL white brake and clutch lines fitted and ive trimmed the screen with a dremel and it looks great.
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Being able to do this mod, just proves the Storms adaptability, it really is a bike you can tailor to suit your needs.

Have you found you get opposite lock on the bars out of 2nd & 3rd gear corners?

Sent from my GT-19505 using Telekinesis
Jamie :wave:
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Jamoi wrote:Being able to do this mod, just proves the Storms adaptability, it really is a bike you can tailor to suit your needs.

Have you found you get opposite lock on the bars out of 2nd & 3rd gear corners?

not sure what you mean by that but its turns in a treat and the wheelies are easier to control with less tug to get it up!! Iam hooked well and truly now.
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Definitely agree with the wheelie point! :D :D :D

I just noticed when accelerating out of 2nd & 3rd gear corners, with the renthal bars I get a load of opposite lock on the bars, kinda like motocross! Never noticed this with the clip-ons.

Maybe the higher bars shift my body weight back and cause the front tyre to hover a bit? It feels fun especially when they get really crossed up, but not sure if it'll end up biting me in the face?! :lol:

bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

oh yeh. the front is lighter without a doubt, i like that though. I dont like the forks poking up through the yoke so far though but wont lower them as it doesnt turn in so good.

My mates trying it Saturday and iam sure he will be another "convert", i cant see me ever getting rid of this bike now tbh, best thrills for minimal money and smiles a plenty.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

You have to learn to put less force through the bars once you have the renthals on, and it helps to get more weight onto the front end by dropping the forks more or raising the back further
AMcQ
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

I'm really looking forward to the new handling characteristics when it's all back together, should be quite a difference. Lower front 5mm with rogered forks, nice rear shock a couple of mm higher and fork brace :thumbup: :thumbup:

Just need to learn how to ride a motorcycle now! :)