Front brake discs

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
eamonn

Front brake discs

Post by eamonn »

Hello are front brake discs interchangeable, ie left to right. Thanks
Xenocide

Re: Front brake discs

Post by Xenocide »

Yes I believe so
'98 VTR (Red - the quickest)
'94 KTM LC4 400e
'69 Land Rover S2 Lightweight
Trowbridge & Surrounding Areas Lawn Mower Servicing & Repairs
Jazzscot

Post by Jazzscot »

There is actually a small rotation arrow on each of the discs so Im guessing the answer is no!
Everything good is bad
Everything bad is good
mattycoops43

Post by mattycoops43 »

No, they are left and right hand, although aftermarket may not be?
Budget storm gradually on the road to spangliness.
Tweety

Post by Tweety »

Jazzscot wrote:There is actually a small rotation arrow on each of the discs so Im guessing the answer is no!
Actually, that mark has no real meaning or reason... The pattern is universal, so yeah they are, just ignore the arrow... It's more a way for Honda to sell more spares really...

Aftermarket one's may or may not be, depending on the pattern of holes vs direction of rotation...
Image <--- The result of OCMD... I gave up listing the mods in a sig line...
Pantaloonie

Post by Pantaloonie »

I think this question may be a result of me selling a left side disc on eBay, I was asked this through the listing, and pointed people here for an answer.
I personally think they are interchangeable, they are totally identical apart from the arrow showing direction.
But I don't know for sure, so I'm not willing to give a firm yes on the auction listing...
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I don't see why they are not interchangeable. What is the purpose of the arrow, Mmm, maybe in case you remove them from the wheel and want to put them back in the same place so not getting two different discs that may have different amounts of wear the wrong way around. :think:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Tweety

Post by Tweety »

cybercarl wrote:I don't see why they are not interchangeable. What is the purpose of the arrow, Mmm, maybe in case you remove them from the wheel and want to put them back in the same place so not getting two different discs that may have different amounts of wear the wrong way around. :think:

(:-})
That would probably be the only reason... And in some cases (NOT the VTR) the disc pattern is not unidirectional, ie wears the pads wrong if turned around...

There is no physical reason, ie balance, rotation, straightness, whatever, or any physical difference between them besides the arrow...
Image <--- The result of OCMD... I gave up listing the mods in a sig line...
mattycoops43

Post by mattycoops43 »

Ok, I have been playing the discy swappy game lately.

VTR discs are handed, the pattern of holes is different left to right. However I don't know if it would make a difference if two the same were put on?

They are also the same as most 90s Honda bikes, Fireblade, VFR 750, VFR400, CBR 600 etc. Just has to be the right years as some were different earlier or later.
Budget storm gradually on the road to spangliness.